do i get a professional

smegun

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
2002 ls 3.9

best rout to separate the heads question I assume im at the point of taking off the intake manifold and separating the exhaust from the heads what is the best way can I do it from underneath bolts or should I separate the y pipe goose necks ????

finally got the timing cover off and everything so far looks ok except tarnish but the guides look ok i was doing an exploratory as far as I can tell the timing set is on and it seems tight...
the bad : looks like my intake cam on the drivers side lobe may be out a pinch very small degree but I haven't rotated the engine more than a revolution or so might be time for a new set anyway not sure I replaced the secondary tensioners already but that was unnecessary surgery they were the improved type from 2002

haven't taken off the oil pump yet and the bolts for the water pump were by few a little rusty and the gasket was toast so was the gasket for the oil cooler it was just an emulsion on the block and the timing cover gasket was a little slimey

alternator oil leak appliance belt dccv lean to rich error sputter and poor engagement of 1st gear ...reason to go for more ???

think normally at this point id change the rockers and check valves but the composisiton seems steel like do I need too there is a loss of performance could I have a crack or seem in coolant jacket oil looked good coolant level ok after the last no mixed fluids but but poor performance ...I put the oil in my truck

Members online

No members online now.
Back