Do I E-Bay the Cad-oo ?

hottweelz

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Needs a sensor in the tranny...

minicad.JPG

What sensor? What code are you getting, and you never DID answer me at the other Caddy site.

(BTW, if it's not too much to ask, could you refrain from advertising this site in that fashion?)

DaveSmed said:
What sensor? What code are you getting, and you never DID answer me at the other Caddy site.

(BTW, if it's not too much to ask, could you refrain from advertising this site in that fashion?)
I LOST my whole thread at the othe caddy site! It's still gone!
AAMCO told me it's a sensor with a valve that when it warms up it loses compression from it... the effect is that it slips into neutral when you stop at a light... I'll get the code shortly...

P098 (E098) ................................... High RPM P/N to D/R Shift Under ISC

But it's historical, think I hurt the tranny when I had that Electronic Speed control replaced a few months back...

I do have the GP to strip down for the tranny if we're still thinking we're ok with the 4t60 swap... then I have a dead Pontiac Grand Prix...
:C

It's still there. Page 2 in the FWD section. Grab the codes, and post it here or there. The code list is stickyed in the Electrical section.

I'm going there now... the email I got when you updated the thread would take me to the thread but i couldn't update it (I remember cuz I wrote a looong reply) then I lost it forever..

Are you having trouble pulling up cadillacforums.com forums right now?

vBulletin Message
The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

Hmm. No problems for me, but i've been logged in for awhile. Does get busy though at night. Anyway, there is a limitaton on how long you can edit a post, you can always reply though. I need to think on what could be up with your trans. Have you changed the filter recently? and if you did, did you use an OEM filter?

No, I only put 10k on the car it's at 160k now, the tranny guy said not to the filter if we don't know how long it's been... tranny is my shortcomming for sure... still trying cadillacforums.com ... pages really won't load for me.

Anything besides that not working? Speedometer doing anything interesting as you drive? How about shift points?

DaveSmed said:
Anything besides that not working? Speedometer doing anything interesting as you drive? How about shift points?
Literally flawless other than the above problem :( and that ONE error code... still trying caddyforums too

Members online

No members online now.
Back