DIY Window Tint

pektel

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried it?? From what i've seen, it doesn't look too difficult, as long as i get a good quality tint, and precut pieces. Or should i just have the pros do it?

have a pro do it...you'll only end up wasting time and $ doing it yourself only to waste more time and $ to pay someone else to fix what you messed up

Yeah, compared to the hassle and cost of buying tint yourself just have a shop do it. Not that much more.

I've helped do it to about 4 of my friends cars and it has turned out nice everytime. Not too difficult, just takes quite some time to do it right. It is ALOT cheaper, and if you don't totally botch the project then it will turn out nice and last awhile. On my car though, I go pro.

Awesome... I was trying to talk myself out of it. I can't find a shop within 2 hours of me for less than $260 so i was thinking might try to give it a shot. But i suppose it's worth it to have the pros do it. then i don't completely waste my time!

Defiantly get it done some where pro, its more than worth it. Around here its anywhere from $200 for a crap job with crap tint to about $260 for a good job at a good place to do it right. Its not cheap getting big sedans done up right trust me.

On my old Cadillac it cost me $250 for Limo tint all the way around with a lifetime warranty, so unless prices have jumped quite a bit from 4 years ago that's what I would expect to pay.

Around me you can get it done for about $150 with lifetime warranty any percentage. And thats at the best place in town.
Otherwise, no place around here does it for more that $200 incl. warranty because they would be out of business.
I say just take it somewhere, that way if it fades bubbles, or rips, they take care of it for you.

Ya it was $180 CAN for me to get Limo in the back and 20% in the front with warranty from a great shop. I wouldnt ever try it myself

Members online

Back