Disk Brake Caliper Tool!?

You might try applying these two things to them to see if they work. I normally use the red pad cream, but I've never tried the rotor spray although I've heard good stuff about it. You might also go over the caliper with emery cloth at all points where the pads contact the calipers to remove any rust and smooth the metal surface.

WTF.jpg

I just did the rear on my 04 and they did not have the #5/shims on the factory original pads with no squeal, and did not install any with the new pads, so far no problem.

You might try applying these two things to them to see if they work. I normally use the red pad cream, but I've never tried the rotor spray although I've heard good stuff about it. You might also go over the caliper with emery cloth at all points where the pads contact the calipers to remove any rust and smooth the metal surface.

WTF.jpg

I tried the rotor spray before and it worked for about 5 minutes.

I have used the CRC Disc Break Quiet on all four of my vehicles and on all my vehicles for 20 yrs, always worked! Some brake shoes come with shims that don't require it. I always use PB Blaster on everything on chassis work also and remove all rust, when practicle. Always use ant-sieze on brake bolts/sliders/roll pins etc. Letting the Brake Quiet dry awhile before re-assembly is important. Other advice posted here is spot on also!

Members online

Back