Discrepancies with 2000 through 2002 LS V8 Sport shocks

JMC

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I had decided to track down what is believed to be the correct, firmer shocks for the 2000-2002 LS, with the V8, with the Sport package. From information seen online, I believed that the correct part number for the front is: BU2Z-18V124-R, ASH24464 or 1W4Z-18124-DA. I was/am under the assumption that these part numbers all correspond to the same part.

I found one available via FordPartsGiant. I requested part: BU2Z-18V124-R and was told one was available for purchase. I bought the shock. It arrived today and the part numbers on the box are: BU2Z-18V124-R as well as: ASH24464. The concern is that the part number listed on the shock itself is: 1W43-18045-DA.

From what I have read online, part: 1W43-18045-DA is the part used for European models where roads are often times more rough, and therefore the shock provides a bouncier, cushy ride.

The greater disappointment to me is that I went through the effort in finding the correct Ford shocks for my V8 Sport about 6 years ago and what was installed on my car (and is currently on my car) are shocks: 1W43-18045-DA.

So, does Ford have the wrong part in the wrong box? Do we have the wrong part numbers for what belongs on 2000-2002 V8 Sport? I do not know. Bottom line is that ever since I switched out the shocks on my LS years back, the ride has been soft, very soft with these 1W43-18045-DA shocks.

If 1W43-18045-DA truly is a Sport shock in stead of the soft European shock, then perhaps I have something else going on to contribute to the soft ride. Shock mounts or springs? The shock mounts had been replaced back when the shocks were, but the springs are the last remaining 20 year old original suspension part on this car. How about the "adjust cam" as listed on Ford's parts sites. They offer this adjust cam in a 127mm or a 145mm option. What are these for?

I also had installed new rear shocks. The part number on my rear shocks are: 1W43-18080-BA. Online, this corresponds to the "performance/European" shock. The correct part number for the rear V8 Sport shock should be any of the following: BU2Z-18V125-U, ASH24468 or XW4Z-18125-BA. I'm afraid that if I try to source the correct part, again I will receive the incorrect part in which I already have on my car.

Front and rear shocks I had replaced on my car are bouncy. Not firm whatsoever like the originals were.

Any thoughts? Any advice?

Are there any good substitutes for OEM shocks for either front or rear that are firm and sporty like the originals on the 2000-2002 V8 Sport other than the S-Type B6 shocks (that require a spring change as well)? I am stuck and not sure how to proceed.

IMG_8513.PNG

IMG_8514.PNG

IMG_8517.jpg

IMG_8518.jpg

IMG_8519.jpg

IMG_8520.jpg

IMG_8521.jpg

IMG_8522.jpg

Last edited:
Did you ever figure this out? I am myself looking for OEM rear shocks.

I have not. I rotate this car in and out of a storage facility, so I only really have it at home for a weekend each month. I plan to go pick it up this weekend though. Honestly, I think I’m going to be out of luck, but I will look further into it as I have the time.

I have not. I rotate this car in and out of a storage facility, so I only really have it at home for a weekend each month. I plan to go pick it up this weekend though. Honestly, I think I’m going to be out of luck, but I will look further into it as I have the time.
I think I am going to give the BILSTEIN B6's (Jaguar 2002 S-type shocks) a shot for the rear. I have seen where many people say that is a good shock for the rear. I replaced my front ones not long ago when I could still get the parts but now that is looking to be impossible for going OEM.

The part number on my rear shocks are: 1W43-18080-BA. Online, this corresponds to the "performance/European" shock

The European shocks for the Gen 1 Sport are supposed to be firmer... from what I understand. Not softer for bumpy village roads... but for the highways in Europe.

Best way to see what shocks belong on your LS... is to call your local dealer and give them the last 8 digits of your VIN#

If it doesn't take the Euro shocks... then somebody else installed them at an earlier point.

If your Gen 1 LS is not actually a sport... and you want the Euro shocks... then look for a member on here that has a Gen 1 Sport... and see if they will let you use the last 8 digits of their VIN #.

I think I am going to give the BILSTEIN B6's (Jaguar 2002 S-type shocks) a shot for the rear. I have seen where many people say that is a good shock for the rear. I replaced my front ones not long ago when I could still get the parts but now that is looking to be impossible for going OEM.

Bad idea. Never mix shocks and/or springs on a vehicle. It will mess up the handling of a vehicle. It will ride and handle poorly... and most likely cause the vehicle to be prone to understeer or oversteer. On wet or slick roads this could lead to loss of control of the vehicle.

I doubt they will mix/match with Bilstein B 6's on the back.
I realized last night that I had replaced my back ones when I did my suspension and went with OEM cause was lucky enough at the time to find them. I have not driven my car that much since all that work was done so was trying to sort what I had not fixed. I had ordered the rear ones from Rockauto and I know I will never get another set of OEM ones for the rear but since I already have OEM on the back I hope these OEM ones for the front complete my repair.

Haha.. Well, my plan did not work out as they are actually out of stock at Jegs and we all know they will never come back in most likely.

Haha.. Well, my plan did not work out as they are actually out of stock at Jegs and we all know they will never come back in most likely.
@04_Sport_LS if I want to use all 4 B6 Blistens then I need to order 2002 Jaguar S-type springs and get the isolators as well right? If so do I use the rear springs from a s-type on both the rear and front? Or do I buy front s-type springs for the front and rear for the rear.

Well I started typing an explanation... and once again the spell checker fucked everything up.

This is getting VERY old fast!!! :mad:

Here Dale. Read through this all the way a couple times... and take notes on the part #s and some of the procedures.

If you have any questions... feel free to ask.

04_Sport_LS's Suspension thread

Beyond ordering V6 or V8 springs for the front... everthing else is pretty straight forward.

The only thing is... you will have to re-use your lower spring isolators, (white plastic disc), from your rear shocks... and source 2 more isolators from another pair of rear shock... to use on the front shocks... because the Jag springs are the same size on the bottom... where the front LS springs are smaller on the bottom... so the 2 front LS isolators won't work.

I sourced my parts from Jaguar Maurin in California... because their online parts catalog seemed more simplified.

YOU might do better, (in more ways than one), to go to the website of Terry's Jaguar in Michigan. If you have any questions... call them up and tell them what you are trying to do. Some parts might be VIN specific... and there could be a mid year VIN change too.

All I know... is that all the parts listed in the link I provided... worked on my 2004 Sport.

There are part #'s listed in the thread... for what Jag CALLS an isolator... but they are just flat discs... intended to shim the factory Jag springs... to restore OEM ride height.

Members online

No members online now.
Back