Disable traction control?

Vee8Guy

LVC Member
Reaction score
I just realized that the drivability problems that nagged me, thinking it was a result of a poorly programmed transmission, was a result of traction control. Delayed throttle response on takeoff, delayed downshift, etc., goes away when I turn off traction control. I don't need it anyway. Is there a way to permanently disable it so I don't have to turn it off every time I start the car?

Get you abs/advance trak refurbished at AutoECMs - Buy Refurbished Auto ECMs - BCM, MAF, ABS, TCM, GEM & More and the info on your abs unit and yaw sensor. Had my 04 LS fixed recently.

owens-1.png

Screenshot_20220511-155757_Samsung Internet.jpg

I would keep the DSC operational. It does work and works well.

Do you have any codes?
Have you checked?

I would keep the DSC operational. It does work and works well.

I am very happy with the cars that I have now, but I have to admit that the AdvanceTrac (stability control) on the LSes we had was noticeably better than the stability control on our current cars.

I wish they would have put the same system in the Panther bodied cars. (Crown Vic, Grand Marquis)
The claim I heard (I have no proof) was that they couldn't (or wouldn't spend enough) to make it work on the panthers, and that's why they discontinued them when it became a requirement for cars to have it.
I can't think of any technical reasons that they wouldn't be able to make it work. Maybe they were at the point where they didn't want to spend another $1 on R&D for that platform. I think it was a mistake, but then Ford thinks that people don't want cars at all anymore.

IIRC... my 2001 Grand Marq (prototype pre-Maurader) had some sort of logo on the front dash. Can't remember what it was.

It had to have had some form of stability control, (or Divine protection) because I had it in a sideways slide at 100mph through some ess curves. I thought it was going to come around on me... but something "caught"... and I managed to straighten it out again.

That car...handled (almost) every bit as well as an LS. Too bad Ford ETIS isn't still for general public use. I'd like to see the build sheet on that one.

I guess that SUVs and crossovers and trucks are all higher profit than sedans...

Members online

Back