Disable Easy Entry/Exit feature on 2004 V6

bogich

LVC Member
Reaction score
I tried researching this and so far not being bale to find DIY solution. My manual say: "Go to a dealership to have this feature disabled", dealership says, pay us $130 to do it.

If anyone knows how to reprogram the DSM/DDM, please advise! I don't know about you guys, but I hate paying someone for a simple reprogramming, that is even not fixing something, but disabling feature, that makes my daughter cry every time I go out of the car(she is 1 and 1/2 and thinks the seat will crush her...), plus the V8 have this option in the menu!

Any advise will be appreciated! If no better idea shows up, next week I will be paying the $130

Thank you!

If you have a good dealership and/or a good relationship with one, they might do it for you on the side (not extra charge) while doing an oil change. Even if you always change your own oil (everyone should), the cost of one oil change is much less than $130.

If your talking about the seats moving when you get out and in its on the status like resting oil after change in my 06 but I'm short I love it lol

He has a V6. V6s don't have the message center, so he has no "status" button. (Actually, it's the setup button that's needed to do this. He doesn't have that one either.)

You don't like that feature? I love that and got so use to it I feel cluttered when getting out of other cars without it. I didn't really appreciate it until I drove cars without that feature.

You don't like that feature? I love that and got so use to it I feel cluttered when getting out of other cars without it. I didn't really appreciate it until I drove cars without that feature.

Yes, it doesn't feel right when I get into another car and the seat and steering wheel don't move when I put the key in.

Well, I really don't mind the feature, but I don't want to listen my daughter crying every time I go out of the car. The seat really goes too close to her legs.... And its not an option in our case to put the child seat behind the passenger.

Well, I really don't mind the feature, but I don't want to listen my daughter crying every time I go out of the car. The seat really goes too close to her legs.... And its not an option in our case to put the child seat behind the passenger.

Fair enough. You should be able to override the feature with the seat switch until you can get it disabled. (press the switch forward when the seat starts to move back)

+1

Press the switch to move the seat and it stops right away.

Thanks for the advise , pressing the button is a good temporary solution. Passenger side might as well work for a while, but my parking space is close to a wall on the passenger side and it won't work long term to make her wait outside for me to move the car and then seat her.

Fair enough. You should be able to override the feature with the seat switch until you can get it disabled. (press the switch forward when the seat starts to move back)
Set your pre sets with the seat all the way back then when you put key in it wont go back because you have it set for all the way back then when shes in car move it forward to where you like it !!

If you have a good dealership and/or a good relationship with one, they might do it for you on the side (not extra charge) while doing an oil change. Even if you always change your own oil (everyone should), the cost of one oil change is much less than $130.

+1 my local dealer pulled my keyless entry code for free while doing an oil change

Update - closest dealer said they can't disable easy entry/exit by software, but they can try cutting some wires under the seat...
Funny, that they do not know how to reprogram a DSM or DDM, or whatever module is responsible for managing this, if it is as easy as it is to disable it from the message center on the V8.
Will try another dealer next, if not I'm cutting the wires myself, at least I already got the wiring diagrams for Jag S type and they are almost identical, besides the user interface.

Update - closest dealer said they can't disable easy entry/exit by software, but they can try cutting some wires under the seat...
Funny, that they do not know how to reprogram a DSM or DDM, or whatever module is responsible for managing this, if it is as easy as it is to disable it from the message center on the V8.
Will try another dealer next, if not I'm cutting the wires myself, at least I already got the wiring diagrams for Jag S type and they are almost identical, besides the user interface.

DON'T CUT ANY WIRES!!!! It IS a dealer programmable option. Says so right in the OM! From the 2004 OM....

Deactivating/activating the easy entry/easy exit feature
The easy entry/easy exit feature can be turned off or on through the
vehicle message center (if equipped). If your vehicle does not have a
message center, the feature can be turned off or on by your dealer.

This dealer is TOTALLY incompetent!!!!

They sound stupid. Cutting wires under the seat is asking for other problems.

I live in North Miami - so no too far, but not too close either, why?
I actually went to Pines Lincoln, now I'm planning to go to Doral Lincoln.

LS4me - I agree that dealer was not aware how to take care of this, so I wrote an email to Lincoln customer support, to see if they can do something about it.
And yes - cutting wires will cause problems, the least it will disable the memory function.

If you have time go to Auto Nation Ford on Palmetto and 57 ave or Gus Machado Ford on Hialeah 49st and 12ave i being to both Dealers they work very Good.

Members online

No members online now.
Back