Dimension Needed

Filtrez339

LVC Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the wms to wms (wheel mounting surface) of the front suspension of a Gen II LS? I see track width published, but not the same

So you are asking for the distance between the faces of the hub flanges???

If you are trying to figure out max wheel offset fitment... I can tell you 40mm works safely... but may cause premature hub bearing wear.

If you search the forum for "wheel offset" or "wheel fitment"... you might find the answers you are looking for.

No, I’m not worried about offset, just need width from wheel mounting surface to wheel mounting surface.

OK..... so distance between rotor flanges. Is this with the suspension under compression... or with the wheels off and the suspension hanging???

If with the suspension hanging......

Get a buddy and 2 straight edges, (ruler, yardstick, etc.), and a tape measure.

Center your front wheels and put the straight edges on the rotor flanges, (using a couple lug nuts to hold the rotors against the hub flanges).

The use the tape measure to measure the distances between the straight edges.

If you want that dimension with the suspension under compression... good luck with that. The only way you MIGHT get that... is to talk to an engineer that designed the LS... and hope he has a drawing. Good luck with getting that info though... because most automotive engineers don't release that to the public.

It would be helpful if you said what you are trying to do... instead of keeping everything shrouded in mystery. :rolleyes:

I know how to measure it, just hoping someone had been there, done that already.

Just out of curiosity, can WMS not be deduced/backed into if you know track width and the OEM wheel/tire specs? i know nothing about this but if everything else is known im wondering if you can get close. you are likely looking for precise!

WMS = Track width - 2(Final ET + Rotor thickness) ?

Can anyone tell me the height of the frame rail to the ground at the front crossmember ? Engine is out of the car so I can’t exactly get a good measurement at ride height.

Members online

No members online now.
Back