Digital dual climate controller

ReMiXeDg

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So mines been bugging out like the screen will blink what not.

I took out the face and see two wires like tape but when I look online it shows me this http://images.sc1.netdna-cdn.com/D/Factory-Climate-Control-C-4-detailed-image-1.jpg

It's the whole unit now if I purchase a new one how do I go about installing it?

Has anyone ever had issues like this when the heat or ac goes on by itself and you have to keep moving around the whole controls to get it to notice your pressing the off button?

Thanks

The DATCs are very easy to swap out. There are just a few screws/bolts and a couple of connectors. I don't know if you can get them new anymore, but you can often get good used ones on ebay or in junkyards.

Can anyone confirm if the same control unit works for 2003-2006? From what I've read it seems the only difference is with or without heated/cooled seat controls. I believe I've found what I need on ebay, but the part # doesn't match the part # the dealer is trying to sell me.

Can anyone confirm if the same control unit works for 2003-2006? From what I've read it seems the only difference is with or without heated/cooled seat controls. I believe I've found what I need on ebay, but the part # doesn't match the part # the dealer is trying to sell me.

I can confirm that it doesn't. The gen I module does not speak the same language as the gen II module. If you have a gen II LS (2003-2006), you will need a gen II DATC (2003-2006).

THANK YOU! So, next dumb question - how do I determine if my vehicle is gen I or II - ditto for the DATC?

I took a closer look at the photos on ebay and noticed the connectors on back do not appear to be identical.
The dealer service dept part #6W4Z19980B, is not even close to any I can find used - #'s 3W4H-18C612-BJ and 4W4H-18C612-BA

I'm finding it hard to believe there can be that many different models and no used ones for my vehicle.

2000 to 2002 is gen I
2003 to 2006 is gen II
What year is your LS?
6W4Z-19980-B is the part number for the most up to date gen II DATC /w heated and cooled seats, however previous part numbers should be okay too. I think there were just some minor software changes.

K
2000 to 2002 is gen I
2003 to 2006 is gen II
What year is your LS?
6W4Z-19980-B is the part number for the most up to date gen II DATC /w heated and cooled seats, however previous part numbers should be okay too. I think there were just some minor software changes.

Joger do you know what changes was made, I remeber reading that one of the members here swap his out for the 2000 model cause the 2002 model didn't allow the the aux heater pump to engage when the system called for heat.

Also I notice on my 2002 the outside temp has to be in the 40's or mid 50's for it to push full heat other then that if it's say a low 60's degrees outside temp I have to bump the dial up to around 80 degrees to get heat and even then it still pushes A/C unless I turn the compressor completely off.

Would be nice if it could be updated through firm ware.

I was talking about the gen II modules. One change that I know of is that between 04 and 06 they fixed the bug that caused a false 1265 code.
All years should run the aux pump if configured for the V8.
Sounds like you have some defect (maybe cooling system related) to not get full heat.
AC compressor is supposed to be on all the time. Works as designed.

Members online

No members online now.
Back