Different issues

JaysLS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm having a few little issues I would like to clean up with my 2004 LS8. I would really appreciate your help with these since I'm no mechanic.

1. My back up sensors are not working correctly. How do I change them and do I need to purchase anything other than new sensors?

2. Also, when I start my car in the mornings, and turn the temp to 90, it doesn't blow warm air. It's a little warm, but not hot. After a long period it will start to blow warmer air, however, it's never hot. Is this a heater core issue or something else? The A/C works fine so I wasn't thinking it was the DCCV.

3. My fuel mileage isn't correct. It's 4 miles to work from home, but my mileage always subtracts 8 or 9 miles during the trip. Is there a sensor I need to replace?

Thanks so much for your help and input. :)

For the heat, check your thermostat. It is probably stuck in the open position and not allowing the engine to stay warm. I started out with this problem a few months ago and then it threw a code for the thermostat. I changed it out with OEM parts. It is ironic you are having this problem because I am having it again. It is good that I have the one year OEM warranty and that the thermostat on these thing are not hard to change. Maybe thirty minutes if you know what your doing.

In August, I replaced the thermostat/gasket, overflow bottle/cap, engine coolant temp sensor, the thermostat housing and another part attached to the housing. I had a guy at the Lincoln dealer do the job and so far I've not had any cooling issues. So I hope that it's not my thermostat already.

I love the Lincoln LS, in fact it's my favorite vehicle. However, I might have to get rid of it for something more dependable. I've never had any problems with F150s, so I just might have to go back to that.

Everything with the LS seems to be the picky jaguar engine.

Members online

No members online now.
Back