Differences between LS V6 & V8.....

300Monster

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone...first time post but have been a lurker for a while.

As you can tell from my moniker I have a '99 300M that I am looking to sell for a LS (2000-2003) and was wanting to know if there is any difference between the V6 and V8 beside the known hp? For example; the V8 model has dual exhaust but the V6 model does not. I guess things of that nature.

PS: I already have LSkoncepts as part of my favorites and ready to buy after the purchase.

JP

Both V6 and V8 LS's have the same exhaust system so there is no difference there. One item you will notice is that the V6 LS's will handle slightyl better than the V8's just because of the weight difference. However, they both handle great. Depending on how much money you wanted to spend consider a 2002 LSE. However, Lincoln made over 500 changes to the 2003 LS which included more HP, better suspension, slightly different interior, GPS and a whole lot more. There are too many items to mention but those are just a few. Just remember though there are more aftermarket kits for teh 2000-2002 LS than the 2003 and up.

Good luck in your search!

I believe that the V6 does not have the messaging center - which is a neat feature - and cannot be added to the V6.

SurfjaxLS said:
You can get a 5 spd v6 if you want a stick.
Yes you can from 2000-2002 and it only represented about 1% of the total LS's sold out there. They are hard to find and are a rare breed.

300Monster said:
Ghost1,

So are you recommending a 2002 LSE V6 model??
Actually, I'd recommend a 2002 LSE or LS since it there was a hidden HP increase that year that wasn't advertised.

GrayGhost1 said:
Yes you can from 2000-2002 and it only represented about 1% of the total LS's sold out there. They are hard to find and are a rare breed.

yup my friend had a 2000 v6 5spd and when he traded it a few years ago the salesman was like "i didn't know any lincolns had a stick".......this was a Lincoln dealership :slam

I find dealerships to be some of the least informed folks out there when it comes to what they are selling. I wouldnt reccommend anything but a V8. Personal preference of course. Mileage is too close to call so why not go for the extra ponies.If you lived in the SF Bay Area like I do you would beg for a V8! All the hills....

Members online

No members online now.
Back