Difference in console armrest?

LunaEros

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I've been searching for an armrest for the console in my 02 Premium Sport. I've just noticed that there seems to be two different arm rest heights, and it doesn't seem to make a difference if it has the phone option like mine or not. The busted one in mine is maybe 2½" tall and I see ones like mine as well as other ones that only appear to be about 1½"-2" tall. At first I thought the tall ones were on the phone optioned ones but when I inquire about them they tell me it's not one that came with a phone.
Anyone know what the difference between the two are?

AFAIK, there are three different ones.
The early 1st gen (flip out cup holders)
The late 1st gen (this is what your 02 should have)
The 2nd gen

I'll show you what I mean.
This is from a 1st gen open cup holder listed without the phone
RtIbrR9.jpg

This one is listed WITH the phone option....
w38P1ll.jpg

And this is one I'm looking at that's also listed as no phone option....
bGJKHRU.jpg

It looks shorter to me. And there's more than a few that look short like that. Not that I mind if it is but I'm just wondering why.

The armrest pad from the passenger side looks shorter because of the design. If that pic was taken from the driver side it would look the same. I just changed my 1st gen 1st design for the second design (reseeded cup holders THAT WORK) and there is no difference in the pads. I swapped my pad to the new console cuz of colour and condition and it's a direct swap

Interesting. I figured there were two different kinds because the broken armrest I have is the same thickness on both sides. Maybe it's because it's the phone option console.

Possibly, so it's more like the 2nd gen one? You got a picture of your for comparison? I'll go take a pic of mine rn for reference...but either way they should bolt up just 3 t6 screws

This is mine from the passenger door.
9Q4DJv8.jpg

Had to unlock the car with my key. The GD new battery was completely dead. I opened the trunk and found my 4 way tire iron had somehow managed to get under the spare cover and one leg of it was resting on the battery's positive terminal and another I think was touching the trunk wall all while resting on the spare.
If it's not one thing it's another. Damnit.

The arm rest for the phone option is 2" longer and is thicker all the way around. You will notice in the pic's that the hinge is also different because the arm pad hangs over the rear vents.

DSCN0031 1.jpg

DSCN0031.JPG

DSCN0034 1.jpg

DSCN0037 1.jpg

DSCN0038 1.jpg

Ooh what! That's crazy. But also looks like a standard one would pop right on if you wanted it too. Also don't feel bad about the battery...I was missing the hold downs and mine flipped on its side and ruined a bunch of stuff in the spare well.

MT:
Didn't know the hinge was different too. I knew the latch was different as well as being on the right front corner instead of the center.

Duke:
Charged it for a few hours so it starts up now. Went and got pizza. Going to leave it on the charger all night to make sure it has a full charge again.

Members online

No members online now.
Back