Difference between Pioneer AVIC D3 and AVIC D3X and AVIC Z3???

baby17

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
does anyone knowes what is the difference between Pioneer AVIC D3 and AVIC D3X and AVIC Z3??? Which is the best from those 3?

I have a black on black 2005 lincoln LS. Can i install one of those in front of the 6CD changer (like they install it at the LINCOLN factory) using a double bin? or how does the double bin works? i dont want to take out the 6CD changer!!!

Is it true that Pioneer doesnt makes the AVIC D3 anymore?
what is the name of the most recent Pioneer GPS/navigation system?

The Nav unit replaces the factory in-dash radio/CD. This is true for the factory nav too. It is not "in front of" the in-dash CD. The in-dash CD is a part of the factory nav. The Pioneer is a single disc, but it is still better than the six-disc factory unit, because it has a hard drive to store many discs on.

does anyone knowes what is the difference between Pioneer AVIC D3 and AVIC D3X and AVIC Z3??? Which is the best from those 3?

I have a black on black 2005 lincoln LS. Can i install one of those in front of the 6CD changer (like they install it at the LINCOLN factory) using a double bin? or how does the double bin works? i dont want to take out the 6CD changer!!!

Is it true that Pioneer doesnt makes the AVIC D3 anymore?
what is the name of the most recent Pioneer GPS/navigation system?

Yes this is correct. Pioneer has a new line up of in dash navi/dvd players. If you look at the specs and compare them to the older models, the newer models are better. See the attached link. http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/Navigation/In-Dash

the d3 has been discontinued, the d3x is the d3 with the full speed ipod cable and the bluetooth module. the z3 uses a internal hard drive so you dont need map disc(the d3 only has one disc slot so you cant have the map disc in AND listen to a cd at the same time) and the z3 also has a motorized face(bad idea, they always wear out and the ribbon cable will need to be replaced sooner or later) the F series has replaced the D series, the F series has bluetooth built in(no module) flash based maps(no disc) and has voice reconition, it also has MSN direct on the higher model

PIONEER AVIC F900BT -ftw, nuff said

I keep reading that the new F series have unusually long boot times, and the bluetooth has a LOT of issues. Read this on avic411.com. Is this your experience, 1LOULDLS?

I keep reading that the new F series have unusually long boot times, and the bluetooth has a LOT of issues. Read this on avic411.com. Is this your experience, 1LOULDLS?

Pioneer has recognize this and now have developed firmware updates to correct this. I was doing some reading on Cruthfield under the reviews where one customer had gotten the updates and he said it took care of all the issues such as slow startup, dropped bluetooth calls. I'm looking at getting the Avic F90Bt in about a month or so. If you bought the product before a certain date then you can get the updates free. I cant remember the dates but units on the shelves after that date should be good to go out the box.

I read that as well, but on avic411.com, there seem to be a lot of issues remaining even AFTER applying the update. Unless you are saying that there is a second update thats been released? I'll go read some more..and in the meantime, delay my upgrade from the AVIC to the F90 until Im 100% certain all of the bugs have been worked out.

all the units that have a small blue dot next to the upc have the newer software update, i have installed two of them with out any problems, they were both updated units and they both worked great, i wouldn't say that they take any longer to fire up than a d3.

Members online

No members online now.
Back