died, wont start

rzr

New LVC Member
Reaction score
my wife drives a 2000 LS v8 that has never given us a hint of trouble but today while taking off from a stop light the car wouldnt accelerate and died and wont start back up. i havent had time to really look at it but i did pull 1 plug and checked for fire. that cylinder did fire but i have not checked every cylinder yet. i do have the auto enginuity scan tool but it didnt display any codes other than the p1000 system readiness code. have not checked fuel pressure or anything else at this time. i drove the car on a 500 mile trip on saturday and didnt notice any lack of power or missing. the car ran flawless. the only thing i noticed was a little noise that is comming from a front wheel speed sensor. anyone have any sugestions on where to start? any common similar problems i should check to maybe save me some time?

I would first check for fuel pressure. If you have fuel pressure, then unplug the MAF connector and see if the engine will start and run then. If so, try cleaning the MAF.

Fuel pressure +1
Maybe the fuel pump fuse in the trunk. Mine blew out on me about 2 weeks ago. The car acted as if it ran out of gas.

where would be the best place to check the fuel pressure? close to the fuel rail? i dont suppose you can check it through the schrader valve? thanks

where would be the best place to check the fuel pressure? close to the fuel rail? i dont suppose you can check it through the schrader valve? thanks

The Schrader valve on the fuel rail is exactly where you check for fuel pressure.

Members online

Back