Did you you need a relay for your DDM HID kit?

You dont need a relay to run the hid kits. You can just turn off the headlight switch when you start the car and then stick turn them on. I have stock hid headlight and I sometimes have the auto on when I turn the car on, no problem, but these are oem.

If you want to play it safe you can use that deal relay. I have heard that turning on and off HID's rapidly is bad for them and may cause them to fail. That might be a good safety net just in case you forget to swtich off the auto on switch.

If you want to play it safe you can use that deal relay. I have heard that turning on and off HID's rapidly is bad for them and may cause them to fail. That might be a good safety net just in case you forget to swtich off the auto on switch.

I always leave my Auto-On active so after the HID's I would really like to keep it that way.

I always leave my Auto-On active so after the HID's I would really like to keep it that way.

I have factory HIDs, and I always leave the lights on auto. Certainly the manual doesn't say that you can't use the feature that you payed for.

I have factory HIDs, and I always leave the lights on auto. Certainly the manual doesn't say that you can't use the feature that you payed for.

We do have oem hids though, not the same quality as hid kits so something that oem hids can take without a problem may damage kits of less quality.

You can try it without the delay relay and if they mess up, they have a warranty.

Also, if you prime your fuel system before you start your vehicle, that should give them enough time to light up and stay light for a few seconds. Just a thought

i needed a relay for mine to turn on, but it had nothing to do with the auto lights

but the DDM's that i have will stay on for about 2 seconds after they are turned off so they actually dont flash on and off during the cranking cycle

My ddm slim works good without a relay, had it for 2 months now the charge up takes a while though I like my eBay kit better..

Got on youtube and looked up DDM tuning hid kits and I think it's a combo of getting to color temp and full brightness. In the videos it takes about 5 seconds for the light to reach it's full brightness. But on the Xetronic kit I am running in the wife's MKX it takes a couple (2-3) of seconds to come to full brightness and a little longer for the color so I guess that is expected. If you can get comparable quality for 1/10th the price then I think it's worth it.

I gave almost 400.00 for the Xetronic digital kit. And now after almost three years (and two ballasts replaced by warranty) one of the bulbs has burned out. Our lease is only for another 6 months so I think I'll be going with DDM for something to last me until then.

I'm pretty sure all hids take up time to get to their real color and full brightness. Even my oem ones do. The salt has to heat up and bounce around and then you get your full HID color and brightness

the kit that i got from ddm tuning was terrible i waited almost a month and a half for the kit then they finally come install the kit and 1 ballast blows. i send it back to them and it takes them another 2 weeks to send me a new one then when i finally get the new one i plug it in and the light blows i said f*ck it and went on craigslist and got a slim kit for 60 bucks from a guy like 15 min from me with warranty tooo

I'm pretty sure all hids take up time to get to their real color and full brightness. Even my oem ones do. The salt has to heat up and bounce around and then you get your full HID color and brightness

My eBay kit takes about 3 seconds and my ddm takes about 7 seconds, ddm is very slow, they start out more dim than my halogen bulbs did gives out a decent color though

Members online

Back