Did I Mention I Hate Car Dealers?

. The 02 I have now is older but much more loaded (everything but the V8). I paid 5K for it (1800 after trade in). Like I said, love the car, hate the seats....that is the only reason I am thinking of getting rid of it.

What does much more loaded mean? what could be different in one first gen to another? (that would justify a v6???)

Or until a needed part isn't available; such as 03+ visor clips.

Good point. It's not like we're dealing with Mustangs. But I imagine that there aren't too many one off highly critical parts. An ex girlfriend's father restored OLD Jaguars. He had to custom make many parts. We should probably start a thread for the critical parts every enthusiast should keep in their garage stock.

What does much more loaded mean? what could be different in one first gen to another? (that would justify a v6???)

The 05 I owned was a base model with no options. The 02 I currently own has heated seats, sunroof, chrome wheels, upgraded stereo, etc.......that's what I was getting at

Good point. It's not like we're dealing with Mustangs. But I imagine that there aren't too many one off highly critical parts. An ex girlfriend's father restored OLD Jaguars. He had to custom make many parts. We should probably start a thread for the critical parts every enthusiast should keep in their garage stock.

I've said this many times, want to see the future of this car, go look for a Buick Reatta forum. Those poor souls are down to rebuilding rebuilt parts to keep their cars going, and at least one fellow saw the future, bought several Reattas to sell for parts. An LS owner with an eye to the future would find a few acres and start buying them.

The only part I'm concerned about right now is the headlight assembly. My right assembly is pointed too far down below the left, but the adjustment tabs are broken off. From what I assume based on the Gen I headlight threads, I have built up condensation marks on the inside of my headlamps. That would involve a variety of costs and effort to fix, but I can live with it for now.

Other than that, I got a low mileage vehicle with all the critical parts working. @RJL, I also have a window guide to replace and a bad DCCV causing temperature control problems with my A/C. I agree, you can't buy a car of this quality and performance without spending four times what ours sell for now. I'll keep reading here and getting repairs done for now.

You shouldn't assume that all LSes are like yours...

Agreed. An adult owned and well cared for LS is a great car to own. One that has seen 4-5 owners that neglected it is going to be a real PITA POS - just as a Mercedes, Porsche or Ferrari treated the same way will be.

Agreed. An adult owned and well cared for LS is a great car to own. One that has seen 4-5 owners that neglected it is going to be a real PITA POS - just as a Mercedes, Porsche or Ferrari treated the same way will be.

Or any other car for that matter. I used to work with a guy whose purchased new CRV needed a new engine at ~60K miles. Seems, shockingly, the oil needs to be changed on a regular basis and he never did!

Members online

No members online now.
Back