Desperation in Florida.

TheDude

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Translated script:

Urgent: I am calling on behalf of John McCain to tell you that today at 1:28 this afternoon the independent news organization of Reuters reported that the Cuban dictator, Fidel Castro, has given his support to Democrat Barack Obama for being smarter and more sophisticated than John McCain. Just like Hugo Chavez, Daniel Ortega, and Evo Morales - the brothers of Castro prefer Barack Obama. Don't give Castro what he wants. Go vote right now for John McCain and avoid establishing in the United States political policies like those of Cuba. There are only a few hours left today to vote for John McCain. This call has been paid for by McCain/Palin 2008.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/11/04/mccain-claims-obama-will-be-like-castro/

Soon, this nightmare will be over, and the whack jobs can go back to their caves, hold-outs, trailers in the hills, wherever they want to hide.

No, I'm laughing at the "don't give Castro what he wants" rant.
Why?
The calls were target were made to people who fled Cuba for freedom.
They don't appear to have worked though. Obama is going to win Florida.

Why?
The calls were target were made to people who fled Cuba for freedom.
They don't appear to have worked though. Obama is going to win Florida.

Because what Castro feels about Obama is irrelevant, he's the old and soon to be dead ex-president of Cuba.

Probably because it was a s##t tactic to use?

What Castro feels about Obama isnt irrelevant.
If he agrees with the guys policies, if he thinks Obama will have a more favorable relationship with Cuba than the past administrations, or for whatever reason, it's relevant.

It's not the most important single issue, but it's relevant.

And if your family had been killed, jailed, or your possession seized by the Castro government, then maybe you'd be a little more sensitive when it came to electing a President who shares many of the same economic and social views.

From a campaign strategy approach, it was foolish, scattershot,and erratic... as was much of the campaign. Fact is, it's hard to run as a conservative-

"I'm here to say, less government, less spending, you'll get less free stuff, and you'll be responsible for your own problems."

In the meantime, Obama can say, "I want the government to solve your problems, I'll give you money, you'll have less personal responsibility for your mistakes and bad judgment, and everyone will like us."

it's a tough sell to someone who only pays attention to these things for two weeks every four years.

Members online

No members online now.
Back