Desperate help

freshkid87

LVC Member
Reaction score
Some punk kids broke into my car and took my only car key I had in. Stupid me I know- have a 2004 Lincoln is v6 called local lock smith they have came out 3 or 4 times to try to get it working they said something with the vin is throwing it off? I don’t have an owners manual. The dealership said it was too old to take in so I’m basically carless unless I find someone nice enough to know the proper procedure to get it programmed

They said something about taking the lock out of the trunk or doors and doing it that way, seems so tidious for a key?

Take it to a real dealership!

Too old to take in .... WTF ???

Also, someone has your key, knows where you park it, think you might consider having all tumblers rekey'd ???

I would ...

the car may be too old for the dealer to get information to cut the key from the dealer, but they would have no problem programming a key. but if they cant look up the code to cut the key, then you're going to need new keys and at least a new key cylinder (i'd probably also do the doors and trunk too)

rule #1 dont leave keys locked in the car
rule #2 if you have a PATS cars, always have at least three keys on hand at any time.

Members online

Back