Delphi Cops and you

grizzlyls

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So yesterday, did a road trip from Glendale to Santa Maria. I had always felt that I was getting decent mileage per gallon here in town. I run somewhere in the mid to high 14's, depending on how often I have to heavy foot it to deal with getting by idiots. I dont remember my 2002 (OEM stocks cops which I believe would have been Visteon) getting much past 12.

Going to which is the down hill elevation to sea level I did a WHOPPING 26.9 mpg. Coming Back up was 26.7. Wowza. First time ever I think I actually was over the federal standards. Think with my 2002 I appoached 25/26, but not sustained highway (175 miles each way) like this. I remember usually 24 ish made me happy.

Delphi touts good design and quality standards, and with this test I believe them. I am thinking of doing a Vegas run this year, which I used to do all the time in the 2002. If that produces similar results (300 mile run with serious elevation dif) then I am sold for sure.

I would say though, seeing how OEM Fords are now china, and cost seriously more than Delphi, with what is seen so far I would encourage others to use Delphi.

Edit:
oh and remember, change one, change all!

Let me know how you do if you make a LA to LV run this year.

Members online

No members online now.
Back