deep scratch removal

jumpball207

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
backing up into my garage i caught the sharp edge of the table which left a deep as hell scratch to where i can see the metal and was wondering whats the best thing i can do to fix deep scratches. any suggestions would be appreiciated :Bang

Nothing but paint

If it is down to the metal, there is nothing that you can do except paint. Whether it be touchup paint(looks bad) or a panel reshoot. Sorry to hear about the scratch.

if i do have to get it painted over does anyone know the brand of the OEM paint and rough estimate of what it would cost to get my whole car painted over and a clear coat

I would estimate 3-6K to paint and clear a whole LS in Ohio. Must remember its not a small Focus! HAHA If I where you I would go to a gooooood body shop see what they quote to just shoot the panel. Believe me a lot less stressfull then re-painting a whole car.

Good luck!

-Scott-

I have some wax at home that came with like a color stick for deap scratchs. So you fill in the scratch with the stick then wax the heck out of it. Might be woth a shot.
Eamonn

You could use touch up paint, but remember you'll have to use primer, color and clear. Then use a fine rubbing compound or polishing compound to level the repair, and blend it in nicely. It's not perfect and is a lot of work, but it'll save a whole lot of money. About $25 instead of $3000.

Last edited:
my neighbor owns a collission shop if you dont mind driving up to detroit.. he'll repaint for 1800 entire car, color of your choice, get out all dents etc... if your interested let me know and i'll give you his number...

jumpball207 said:
backing up into my garage i caught the sharp edge of the table which left a deep as hell scratch to where i can see the metal and was wondering whats the best thing i can do to fix deep scratches. any suggestions would be appreiciated :Bang

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=7939

I wrote a thread on how to fill in deeper scratches, almost to perfection without needing new paint. Provided this thing isn't like a massive scrape across the panel ;)

Disclaimer:
I have a strong history of custom body work and paint so you may want to take the steps slowly you should be just fine, it could potentially make the problem worse than it is if you're completely unfamiliar with anything being talked about and be beneficial to just re-spray the panel in question.

Members online

No members online now.
Back