decided id try something new

XxbmxlsxX

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
and so it begins.......
PIC_0504.gif

no the exhaust y's into one big pipe which is what you see feeding the turbo. this turbo can flow 800+cfm so there is no need for a second one on this setup. i just started today with some of the mock up. waiting on my oil pump and other miscellaneous. it wont be done overnight cause im not made of $, but shouldnt take too long. i was just sick of my exhaust sounding like butt so i parked the car and figured it was time to start putting stuff on.

Nice! Hopefully it doesn't die out. What exhuast are you running that it sounds like butt?

Nice! Hopefully it doesn't die out. What exhuast are you running that it sounds like butt?

it was custom. had it for years and just got sick of it. switched to some magnaflows after hearing hyelifes. but mine sounded crappy so im putting my turbo on and it should sound pretty wicked

after i took the nitrous off the car just hasnt been the same and the sound of an open turbo is just so freaking wild i had to do it

how much boost are you planning on running? upgrades to the fuel system, intake?

fuel system will be ford gt pump, cobra injectors. stock intake(mine is gasket matched)
will start with wastegate spring pressure of like 4 pounds just to get it rollin then start cranking that s-h-i-t up until my egts are on the edge. will probably throw race gas at it as well.

custom clutch and custom flywheel, rear diff also
some different wheels

things will be breaking for sure

these things will go on slowly but should be done in time to get car to track this year for sure. first thing is to get the turbo functioning, then start throwing fueling and all the other goodies on

Sell you an Autometer GS boost gauge for cheap, unused just sittin in my pillar pod. Matches the stock gauges. Pillar pod too if you dont already have one.

You must have a v6.. Or making custom fuel rails.. The v8 had air assisted injectors..

Yeah dude I found out the hard way that you're not going to run fi on a first gen V8 unless you have the cash to fork out for a custom manifold at about $5 grand. BMX wasn't your car turboed at some point about 3 engines ago? :D

I got a V6, I want turbo, keep the info coming because I want this done as well

Did you figure out were you were going to run the piping?

the easiest would be to "Y" the two pipes together up at the front and run a single back to the snail, then run the boost side piping back up where the other exhaust pipe was. from the trans forward is going to be a horse of a different color!

YEEEEAAAAA GO BOOST

Members online

No members online now.
Back