Dealer just replaced my Coil packs! time for a lil moddin!

sickws6

LVC Member
Reaction score
Well I had the infamous crazy missfire on my 03 60k miles, dealer replace 2 coild packs no problem for free of course. I just ordered a K&N fipk kit should be ok. I have heard good things about the kkm but I did not understand how the power increase would be much by keeping 2 stock huge resonators on the intake itself. I notices a difference in power by just removing my resonators and patching the holes with fiberglass worked well but looked like :q:q:q:q, so I just went ahead and ordered the K&N. I am looking foward to installing it. I will also of course put some magnas on it just for sound, I dont want to go overboard sinse this lincoln is my DD and I have a ws6 to have fun in but I might have a little fun 50 shot or something lined up;)

Cool. YEah and the typhoon also comes with the heatshield, thats a plus.

this is funny because #5 just started crapping out on me yesterday @ 65K

you say they will replace them for free? even if you only have a 50K warranty?

this is funny because #5 just started crapping out on me yesterday @ 65K

you say they will replace them for free? even if you only have a 50K warranty?

coil warranty was extended until 100k

Yep #5 and #8 were replaced, hopefully others wont go bad while I am driving to flordia next week!

There.. Fixed it.. Wouldn't you want them to fail so you don't have to fix them when the warranty runs out? :cool:

Not while I am on my way to florida lol, I still have 2 years or 40,000 miles to go on the warranty.

Members online

No members online now.
Back