Dealer-installed remote starter

Steven Snell

LVC Member
Reaction score
I bought an 03 v8 about a year ago that has the dealer-installed remote starter (which uses the regular Lincoln remote). Is there only one model that would have been installed? Just above the pedals, I see what seems to be at least part of the system. I've been thinking about removing it because I never use it and don't really like the idea of having it. Anyone know if there is a write-up on how to remove them properly?

Anyone know if there is a write-up on how to remove them properly?

step one: take sh!t apart
step two: follow each wire and disconnect from the wire that it is connected to* **
step three: put it back together

* during step two, wires may be soldered in (best option) in which case you will cut each wire loose (cut the RS wire away from the OEM wire) as close to the solder as possible and tape back up. the wire may be just tapped in to each wire without solder, just a section of the OEM wire had the insulation stripped back and the new wire was wrapped around (not the best but still good and easiest to remove). or all the wires may be tapping in with "T taps" (absolutely the worse option and also the most likely), a connector was snapped on to each OEM wire that cuts into it, then the RS wire will have a connector that just plugs onto the T tap. so removing the wire is pretty easy, but the T tap itself is has probably cut through some/most of the wire and now that wire is compromised (especially if its a higher current ignition wire) so its best to remove the t tap, and then solder over where it was so you can repair any cut copper before tapping up to insulate.

** if the system installed has any kind of security or alarm functionality to it, it may have a starter interrupt circuit in which the starter wire (at the ignition harness) was cut in half and will need to be soldered back together.

Members online

No members online now.
Back