Deal of the freaking century!

Go Fast Get Tickets

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Copied from the CL ad.

Evicted renter left 2 identical 93 Lincolns. Good for scrap or parts. $100 each or best offer.

One pic of a 93 pearl white, sunroof, complete car, a little slammed. I have a spare ignition w/key to start em and load em! Already emailed and offered on em.

Tim if you buy them id be able to help you get em home and buy some parts if they are in good shape

Good luck getting titles. I mean the deals are awesome but you will have to do those funky title searches and mechanics liens and then you have to deal with the cars possibly h ave existing liens on them.

I almost bought a 93 that is in much better shape than my current car for cheap which had the sunroof and everything but the paperwork would have been a nightmare. The car had an existing lien that was no longer being paid on so the car was setup for repo but the lot was in CA and the car was in WA.

Good luck getting titles. I mean the deals are awesome but you will have to do those funky title searches and mechanics liens and then you have to deal with the cars possibly h ave existing liens on them.

I almost bought a 93 that is in much better shape than my current car for cheap which had the sunroof and everything but the paperwork would have been a nightmare. The car had an existing lien that was no longer being paid on so the car was setup for repo but the lot was in CA and the car was in WA.

More than likely they will be parted out and scraped. Will depend on the paper trail.

I live in kc. I have an ad on CL seeking marks for parts or whole cars. I hope to get at least one of these. I need a grille and hood for my 93 as well as other parts. I hope he calls me tomorrow.

Well, showed up early, 9:10 am. Already another dude there and had em bought. Seems the rules changed and I was not told. Several emails back and forth said that 10am was the deal. She said the other guy showed up at 8:30. If I knew the rules had changed, I would have been there at midnight or yesterday. Got to drive the kodiak with the wedge 4 car hauler over there. That was fun but burnt up the diesel! So, as usual, I always come up short. Story of my life. BTW, both were 93, pearl whites and complete. He is parting them. I would have made them run. We keep parting all of them out, none are going to be left. On the other hand, with all of these parts cars around why is it I can't find any parts for mine? Guess I am just a little miffed that I did not get them. Tough when people don't do the right thing.

if he is parting them ive got a small list of things that i want/need you can pass my name and no to him.
mike

I would have offered him $300 for the cars total. More than likely he would have waited for you. Sometimes you have to make your own luck.

I emailed several times. did not know I was dealing with a woman. She did not stay with what she said as far as 10 am. She knew I was coming, what time and the color/type truck I was driving. I even mentioned that I would like at least one of the cars if not two. She should have said to that guy, you can have one, we will wait till 10am to see if anyone else comes, if not you get both. That would have been fair. He shows at 8:30 and gets both. The deal was 10am to 2 pm. Also, she said both had to be gone at the same time. He only could get one at a time, I can haul 4. It was handled wrong in my opinion, but it is par for the course. I always come up short. I guess I should just give up thinking I can get this 93 back on the road. With all of these cars going to parts you would think I could find some. Guess I am just discouraged. I can't find work, parts for my mark, can't find a decent buy on other marks. Talked to a guy yesterday about a 96. Wants 4000. a beater. Another wants the same for a total wreck. WTF?

How can they sell something that doesn't belong to them? Do they need to hold it for so long in case the real owner wants them and then are able to or ?

How can they sell something that doesn't belong to them? Do they need to hold it for so long in case the real owner wants them and then are able to or ?

Landlords have to hold property for a certain period of time before they can dispose of it. It varies from state to state, but more than likely this is what happened.

But you still have to be careful with lienholders that still have liens on the title. But if they are parting them out, then who cares. Once parted out, cut the car up and put into your pickup and bring to the recycler.

doesnt matter now. She had court order and all. just sucks, can't afford a bunch of high dollar parts to fix my 93 up. been broke and seeking work for a while. the guy that got them said he wouldn't rip me off on the price for parts but I think he already has.

kingairpilot, I haven't been on here for a few days and I just found Tim's thread Monday night. I'm the one that got the cars. I didn't rip you off by any measure of the word. You even said it was supposed to be 10am and you showed up at 9:10am so it looks like you went early to try and buy them. The only thing I did was to get there before you.

I tried to get her to commit to me via e-mail as well and she wouldn't. The only thing she told me was that the first one there with the $200 get's them. So I showed up first. I'm sure she said the same thing to you. She waited until 10 to do the deal officially, I had just backed up to start loading the car, her husband told me to go ahead and do that, so at 10am, we could sign the papers and I could take off.

The only reason I'm even writing this is because we met there. I was not rude to you at all, I took your card and shook your hand and told you I would be fair with you. Then I come on here and read what you wrote, saying I already ripped you off and had manipulated the deal some how. I'm not mad or anything, I just don't appreciate the negative condemnations directed my way. I didn't do anything back handed or unfair to anyone. I just got there before anyone else.

If you still want the parts for your car, I'm more than happy to give you a descent and fair price to help you out with the parts you need. I just wanted to state my perception of how the deal went down.

Also, you must not have looked the cars over very well, because neither car is close to being able to be fixed up and licensed. They're both pretty rough.

Kc96lsc, I just went back and reread what I have written here. I don't believe I have said anything negative about you. I did say that she handled it poorly. I got there at 9:10 to look the cars over, as the deal was to be 10 am. I did not look them over as it would have been a waste of my time. You did say you would call me but I have not heard from you. . Sorry if you think I am badmouthing you. It really isn't your fault, she is the one that did something other than what she had told me. I just wanted one, as I need parts for mine. I even asked you for one of them, you said no. I have not said you were rude or otherwise. I have not said that you manipulated anything or ripped me off. If you read what I have written, I believe that I have pointed my irritation at her, course I did not even know I was dealing with a woman till I got there. I did not get all the info from them that you did. I was told 10 am, that is why I discussed that with her. I told her that if it was earlier than 10 I would have liked to know the rules had changed. I had a $100 but I don't have the money to buy the parts I need on the retail market. Broke is a word that I unfortunately have to include in my vocabulary. Thankyou for replying and I look forward to talking with you, give me a call.

Kingairpilot, It's behind me. I've been busy with other matters the last few days, hence my delay in contacting you. I think a lot of us can relate to the broke aspect right now. In this economy it's not an easy place to make a buck these days. I had a number of people give me their cards and notes with name and numbers. You were the first, so your going to get the first shot at them. I hope you understand that I'm also in financial decline and I bought these to try and help that situation out a bit. I will give you a fair and reasonable price on the parts you need, but I hope you understand I can't give this stuff away ether. Hopefully we can work something out.

Members online

No members online now.
Back