Dead Battery Or What?

Machspeed

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I've had my car apart and sitting for two weeks trying to find the time to finish an IPOD install. The battery has been disconnected. Had some time today and got it all hook up, tested and buttoned up. The IPOD install went great and it sounds awesome. After cleaning up the interior, I went to start the car and it turned over a few times and then made the usual clicking sound of a dying battery. So, in disgust, I went inside had dinner and then went back outside to see if it would start. I pull the door open and the horn goes off and the lights are flashing, almost as if in some kind of code before it quit. The engine turned over a few times but wouldn't start. I get the same thing with repeated opening of the doors. What’s up with this? As to the battery, I don’t know that I've ever changed it and the car is an 06 for which I bought with only 9k miles on it. What are you guys doing for battery replacement? Do I need to acquire another Motorcraft or is there a better alternative?

Okay, so I've had my car apart and sitting for two weeks trying to find the time to finish an IPOD install. The battery has been disconnected. Had some time today and got it all hook up, tested and buttoned up. The IPOD install went great and it sounds awesome. After cleaning up the interior, I went to start the car and it turned over a few times and then made the usual clicking sound of a dying battery. So, in disgust, I went inside had dinner and then went back outside to see if it would start. I pull the door open and the horn goes off and the lights are flashing, almost as if in some kind of code before it quit. The engine turned over a few times but wouldn't start. I get the same thing with repeated opening of the doors. What’s up with this? As to the battery, I don’t know that I've ever changed it and the car is an 06 for which I bought with only 9k miles on it. What are you guys doing for battery replacement? Do I need to acquire another Motorcraft or is there a better alternative?

Dead battery for sure!! SORRY!!! I got a battery at the dealer for about $130, installed!! I would get a jump and drive it to the dealer and hae the correct, vented battery installed. I went with 750CCA as it was the same price as the 650CCA battery.

Yeah, it has a 750CCA in it now. I'm rethinking that I may have replaced it myself a few years back but not sure. Believe I bought it from my local Ford dealer.

Mike, while you're here, I wired my IPOD off the cig lighter like you did, which is always on. Do you leave your IPOD or IPHONE hooked up all the time? I know these things don't draw much juice but wondering if it could affect the new battery life???

I would charge up the battery instead of jumping it, probably still has a decent amount of life left unless you have no problem buyin a new one. You could see if its draining the battery by doing a parasitic drain test, it only takes about 5 minutes and its very simple. All you need is a DMM and a wrench

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Yeah, it has a 750CCA in it now. I'm rethinking that I may have replaced it myself a few years back but not sure. Believe I bought it from my local Ford dealer.

Mike, while you're here, I wired my IPOD off the cig lighter like you did, which is always on. Do you leave your IPOD or IPHONE hooked up all the time? I know these things don't draw much juice but wondering if it could affect the new battery life???

I always unplug it. The LS is sensitive enough electronically!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back