DDM won't enter programming mode

AggieMKVIII

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a '97 Mark VIII (Jan 97) and I am trying to program key fobs. I am following instructions I found on several websites which start:

1) Enter the FACTORY code into the driver door keypad. This works fine and unlocks the door. I can also unlock the passenger door (3/4 button), open the trunk (5/6 button), and lock the vehicle (7/8 and 9/0 buttons). These all work properly.

2) Within 5 seconds, press the 1/2 button and the doors will lock and unlock indicating you have entered the programming mode. NOPE, NOT MINE. Even with numerous attempts, I cannot get into 'programming mode'.

Has anyone else encountered this? Any suggestions?

Are you sure you are using the factory code, and not a personal code that was programmed in the past? AFAIK, a personal code will open the trunk and unlock doors, but will not allow programming. (Locking the doors should not require any code at all, just pressing 7/8 & 9/0 at the same time.)

I had the same problem with both my 97 and 98. Put the factory code push 1/2 and got nothing. There is a step missing from the instructions. Even the owners manual. Sorry to say I am having a senior moment and can't remember what it was, but I did get them programed. Hopefully it will come to me.

Got it!!! Put your factory code in and push 1/2 then factory code again then 1/2

Members online

No members online now.
Back