DDE question from a newbie

SurfjaxLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm still confused about all the dde kits. Would the led kit with 15,000 mcd leds be visible at dawn/dusk as well as night? I am a student and drive only around these times.

The LED's are not made to take the heat that is generated inside the headlight. I used to sell the LED Angel Eye headlights had way too many problems with them. The best system now is the CCFL (cold cathode flourescent lighting) rings. They are much more visible during the day and have a very, very long life.

Any chance of getting colored ccfl rings? I like the way you can change the color of the led rings, but not sure if it is worth all the hassle/problems that you mentioned above.

I can get colored CCFL rings but the problem with that is you have to take the headlights apart to change them out. The old Gen V DDE rings used light boxes that were external to the headlight. You could put any color bulb in that set up. It was cool. I had a Gen 2 set I sold recently that had red and blue bulbs in it. I have my original Gen V set that I may re-use sometime. It was the best DDE setup out there and unfortunately no one sells it any more.

Thanks for the info, and please let me know of any production of colored ccfl.

Members online

No members online now.
Back