Dccv

antonio fuller

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok so I have a 2006 Lincoln LS for the second time
I would get cold air on the highway and warm when the car is not over 2000 rpm

I replaced the Dccv OE part and I started to get heat to blow when the Ac is turned on
I replaced the DCCV again with OE no change I was lost at this point
I had the ford service department look at it and was told the DCCV was bad
I explained I replaced it twice but they was sure that was the problem
They replaced it and no change so now after $500 they tell me it's the head and this part cost $900
What do you guys think I should do at this point

It's at the dealer now
I think they dicking me around now
I told them I replaced the DCCV twice and it didn't fix the problem so that's the reason I came to them
But they was sure I needed to replace it again and now that I let them do the work because they said it was needed they want me to get the head

By the way what is this (head) and do you think this will fix the problem are they properly diagnosing the problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure they are talking about the DATC (The thing that has the buttons that you select temperature, fan speed, air direction, and so on).
If it really is your DATC, then you can get used ones on e-bay for $50 to $100.
Given that it is easy to test the DCCV for electrical failure, and they insisted on replacing a good one (must not have tested), I wonder if they really followed the tests this time or if they are just guessing still. If they are guessing, then they could be right, or it could be a wiring problem instead.

Insist on your old parts back.
Nothing like reselling perfectly good replacement parts.

Wasn't your previous LS an 01 ?

Ok update over $3000 later
So the idiots basically gave me a new Ac system compressor replace head replaced and DCCV replaced all with no labor charged but the between the head and compressor that was about 2k then all plastics coolant at about 1100

Sounds like they just threw parts at it, at your expense.

Sounds like they just threw parts at it, at your expense.

Right the plastic I'm not to mad about it wasn't leaking before but it's over 100k so it was do time to replace that stuff. The totally screwed me with the compressor at the less. They told some crap about they couldn't see the compressor was bad until they replaced the head. I'm not a super mechanic but any real men understands if you have a AC problem you should check the compressor and the lines for leaks before you do much more I was trying to sale this one but no one will respect the work that has been done and pay kbb for it so it's just my car for life I quest I think I will still get me something new but the Lincoln will before ever with me

good grief.
you think your head was leaking oil into your coolant?
my coolant after draining looked like dark orange oil. I gasped like oh no, please dont tell me oil is leaking into my coolant.

i just replaced my dccv this morn, the original was leaking around the edges, had crusted up the wire connector and it was all so brittle it just broke apart.
put in the motorcraft yg378 with screw hose clamps(ugh i hate those spring clamps).
still no ac.

now im going through the hassle of refilling and bleeding my cooling system. gonna do the datc test in a minute.
but my ls is now plagued with all sorts of problems now, and its getting me nervous and uncomfortable. was supposed to buy a glock 22.. guess not now.

...you think your head was leaking oil into your coolant?...

He's not talking about one the heads on the engine. He's talking about the DATC (control "head" in the dash).

Members online

Back