DCCV? Wierd electrical noise

svtman

LVC Member
Reaction score
Well, I think my DCCV has gone. Car is blowing full heat on my 2006 LS. Wierd thing is that at the same time, I've noticed that there is an electrical buzzing coming from my left rear speaker. I pulled the #1 fuse for the DCCV while the car is off and it sparks and the solenoid(s) click. With the fuse out the car still blows full heat as I assume the solenoids fail open, but the buzzing noise is gone from the speaker.

Anyone else have one fail this way? Just planning on replacing the unit as they seem to be a common failure point...

I've heard that it [the noise from the defective DCCV] can also cause parking brake failures, and other electrical problems.

I've heard that it [the noise from the defective DCCV] can also cause parking brake failures, and other electrical problems.

That would make sense. I've had my battery die when I had the car sitting overnight sometimes and once charged up would be fine for months. Then it would die again. I've seemed to notice issues with the HVAC or DCCV for awhile now and this could have been the source of the draw (I hope).

My 06 is doing the same thing. Blows full heat, DCCV, a buzzing is coming from the right speaker, Nav has lines running through it, the CD changer runs by itself randomly and the "Service Park Brake" message comes on once in a while. If a new DCCV fixes all those it would be nice. Otherwise thats a lot of dough to fix it all...

My 06 is doing the same thing. Blows full heat, DCCV, a buzzing is coming from the right speaker, Nav has lines running through it, the CD changer runs by itself randomly and the "Service Park Brake" message comes on once in a while. If a new DCCV fixes all those it would be nice. Otherwise thats a lot of dough to fix it all...

Unplug the the electrical connector at the DCCV. That should fix all the problems except for getting full heat all the time. The parking brake message may take a day to go away. Try it. If it works, you'll know that you only need to replace the DCCV.

When my DCCV failed I was getting parking brake warnings also. None since I had it replaced.

Well, got it replaced. Was pretty easy to do, just disconnected the quick couplers and yanked it out through the top. Didn't bother unhooking the upper rad hose. Bled the system and was up and running in an hour. No more noise outta my rear speaker and system works properly again!

Members online

No members online now.
Back