DCCV tool?

kkiley

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I went to replace my DCCV today and it is basic enough except for one thing. I do not have a tool to remove the funky clamps that Ford installed on the hoses.
I don't have anything long enough to get to them and I cannot see getting a tool down there to remove them. since this is my daily driver now, I can't have the car down if I get these part way off but can't complete it.
What tool or method did you use to replace yours?
Thanks

Thanks Joe. I had some long nose pliers, but wouldn't reach it. I'll head to HF and try the long reach pliers. If that doesn't work, will order the tool.

It's way easier to do it you remove the top radiator hose.

It could also depend on the order you take the clamps off... making it easier to get to the next one. Pretty sure you'll be working from above,,, and below... to get them all off.

I bought a long pair of needle nose pliers. I removed the upper hose. The line for the AC is still in the way. But I should be able to get it now.

I found the key were those cable clamp pliers that Joegr posted above.
Just a big fight otherwise!

Had my son here last week, he's a better mechanic than dad now, lol. Got the DCCV replaced. That took care of my static in the sub-woofer channel also. Just need to bleed it a little more. Drivers side is fine. getting some cooler air from the passenger side still.

Members online

No members online now.
Back