DCCV looks like a Bitch.....

lincoln00

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
so who has installed a DCCV.... looks like a pain in the ass... just ordered mine from MAX at five star... (thanks alot Max) and i cant seem to find a write up anywhere.... might have to be the first to make a write up!

if anyone has the procedures on a PDF file or even just a link please post...

Dual climate control valve. Your heater core is really 2 heater cores. DCCV routes hot water to which side of the heater core thats calling for heat. Pass or drivers.

so who has installed a DCCV.... looks like a pain in the ass... just ordered mine from MAX at five star... (thanks alot Max) and i cant seem to find a write up anywhere.... might have to be the first to make a write up!

if anyone has the procedures on a PDF file or even just a link please post...

Doable. It's a pain in the keester, just take your time. You'll need one of those compression spring release tools for the water lines. They (the lines) are on the passenger side inner fender.

compression spring release tools.... will fuel quick disconnect tools work??

Also my A/c will not blow cold... as soon as it stopped working i had a big puddle of water on the front right of my car (were the DCCV is) and a Blown A/c compressor/DCCV fuse... is this the problem.... everything seems to point at this...

compression spring release tools.... will fuel quick disconnect tools work??

Also my A/c will not blow cold... as soon as it stopped working i had a big puddle of water on the front right of my car (were the DCCV is) and a Blown A/c compressor/DCCV fuse... is this the problem.... everything seems to point at this...

Yes.

Don't know.

can you send me any kind of link to the tool i need, cant seem to find it...

Just a little messy

I used regular pliers and visegrips to remove the DCCV. Just loosen up the components on the radiator and slip down in there, there are quick connect hoses to the rear of the DCCV but the Dealer wants $8 each for new connectors, save your money and just pull off the hoses, replace the ford clamps with worm drive clamps, much easier to work with. Go under the front fender to reach the front hoses. replace DCCV and bleed system. :D

I did mine in 1 1/2 hours.
There is a small unit of some sort, with a couple of fasteners to remove, so it can be eased out of the way, then not a big deal.
change it out, and then blead the system, and you are good to go.

Not that big a deal.

Yeah, I replaced mine in an 06 two weeks ago, and it was very easy. Dealer wanted $1200... Riiiggghhttt....

Members online

No members online now.
Back