dccv gremlins to watch for

smegun

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
.....as there is no warnings a multitude of gremlins may result

pulled a dcc at the yard it was full of sediment from the heater core side the parts were In pretty good shape but later finding bad seals I used the seals in the one I had and put together a dccv (it can be done )
evidently these vary from distributer to distributer and chemicals we might put into the vehicles might be another problem from var to var ..seals ok pistons shot out

there is another problem I may have stumbled upon a more dangerous problem ...the ac compressor had char and scoring on the connector as well the electric windings on the dccv show signs of a short as if one of the capacitors on the dccv had been short and burning on the ABS for quite some time

I had previously bypassed the unit but I used lousy materials to cap the heater core they split and cracked at the inlet housing (advanced ) I was smoking

as I put the old stuck dccv unit back on in the interim unaware returning the underlying problem a few runs later the battery wouldn't charge and I had been through three quality used batteries .....as there is no warnings a multitude of gremlins may result

I got the AC compressor out with its charred connector it states its made in china the previous owner may have given up on the vehicle since the dccv problem after fixing

all of this may be the result of using tap water and not flushing the heater core specifically first you have two tubes to look at leading to the heater core get that flushed out maybe your purge valve will work after :/

I had the alternator tested but now im to see if I can use the condenser for the AC someone needs to elaborate like i disconnected the electrical dccv and electric auxillary pump but never disconnected the ac compressor i technically commited a faul but a used care and aftermarket repairs may have had me for dinner

Members online

No members online now.
Back