Dccv dual climate control valve?

SultanGris

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I've seen this part referenced a few times due to a problem of constant heat no matter the setting, however I do not find any such part listed on rockauto. What is the proper correct name for this particular part and or what is the part number? thank you.

I've seen this part referenced a few times due to a problem of constant heat no matter the setting, however I do not find any such part listed on rockauto. What is the proper correct name for this particular part and or what is the part number? thank you.
On rockauto search heater valve. Or haggle with your dealership I got them down to $140 on one for a 2003 Lincoln LS V8. I know you can order them online but the warranty is sure easier if you buy it from a local place.

On rockauto search heater valve. Or haggle with your dealership I got them down to $140 on one for a 2003 Lincoln LS V8. I know you can order them online but the warranty is sure easier if you buy it from a local place.
Right on, thanks. It's 67$ on Rock Auto, I buy almost all my parts from there nowadays, half the price of parts stores usually. Sometimes you don't want the cheapest option from rock Auto, but they have many choices.

Right on, thanks. It's 67$ on Rock Auto, I buy almost all my parts from there nowadays, half the price of parts stores usually. Sometimes you don't want the cheapest option from rock Auto, but they have many choices.
Don't buy the aftermarket ones you will regret it.
I covered both part numbers as I did not see your year mentioned.
On a Gen 2 you want MOTORCRAFT YG378
On a Gen 1 you want MOTORCRAFT YG355
Or find a good deal on the Bosch version as Bosch makes the OEM one.

Don't buy the aftermarket ones you will regret it.
On a Gen 2 you want MOTORCRAFT YG378
On a Gen 1 you want MOTORCRAFT YG355
I covered both part numbers as I did not see your year mentioned.
I've got a 2003, even motorcraft is only 130 on Rock Auto but I'm gonna try the cheap one this go around, if it lasts a year it's worth it. I'm not a mechanic but I can work on a lot of it myself so I don't get charged the fortune in labor at least, I've had my thermostat plastic crap apart about three times already, going to be four because I don't get my water pump for a few more days but I just had to see if it fixed my leak. Ha

I've got a 2003, even motorcraft is only 130 on Rock Auto but I'm gonna try the cheap one this go around, if it lasts a year it's worth it. I'm not a mechanic but I can work on a lot of it myself so I don't get charged the fortune in labor at least, I've had my thermostat plastic crap apart about three times already, going to be four because I don't get my water pump for a few more days but I just had to see if it fixed my leak. Ha

Read on this forum some more. These aftermarket DCCV's can cause havoc on the electrical stuff. Even the ones they sell at places like autozone and advance auto you want to avoid. And yes I am speaking from personal experience as I did not heed the warning from the forum members here. I have owned 6 LS'es in my lifetime! Do yourself a favor and listen to this friendly advise. Stick with All OEM on the coolant systems. We are not trying to sound cocky about this by any means! It's just many have seen the issues they cause!

Last edited:
Read on this forum some more. These aftermarket DCCV's can cause havoc on the electrical stuff. Even the ones they sell at places like autozone and advance auto you want to avoid. And yes I am speaking from personal experience as I did not heed the warning from the forum members here. I have owned 6 LS'es in my lifetime! Do yourself a favor and listen to this friendly advise. Stick with All OEM on the coolant systems. We are not trying to sound cocky about this by any means it just many have seen the issues they cause!
Interesting, thanks for the tip. what sort of issues did you have? Maybe I'll wait on that part, it's winter, I don't need ac for a few months anyway, ha

Interesting, thanks for the tip. what sort of issues did you have? Maybe I'll wait on that part, it's winter, I don't need ac for a few months anyway, ha
Myself, I say there is a good chance it could have messed up my DATC which is the temperature controls on the inside of the car and I had issues with fusses being blown. Some have had issues with the PCM because of these cheap DCCV's so why risk it! Also, if you are replacing the other parts in an old system you want to go ahead and replace it cause your gonna put more stress on the old plastic parts with the newer parts.

Myself, I say there is a good chance it could have messed up my DATC which is temperature controls on the inside of the car and I had issues with fusses being blown. Some have had issues with the PCM because of these cheap DCCV's so why risk it!
yeah that doesn't sound good, I'll save up some more money and get the motorcraft one then I guess. Any recommendations on suspension and brakes? I need all new struts eventually. Was thinking kyb or looking to try Gabriel.

yeah that doesn't sound good, I'll save up some more money and get the motorcraft one then I guess. Any recommendations on suspension and brakes? I need all new struts eventually. Was thinking kyb or looking to try Gabriel.
On suspension, I have used Moog before and had 0 issues. I know others on here have used moog and had issues but I liked the fact they used grease fittings on their parts and they have the lifetime warranty. As far as shocks or struts go OEM would be the best route, but that option is fading away fast as parts are hard to come by. To get the OEM ride quality back a few on here have used the Blistens for a Jaguar but there is more to it than just swapping them out as there is a little difference.

If I had to go with anything else I would say KYB because they usually make good parts for that kinda stuff but hard to say as I am not sure anyone on here has actually used them for their LS. Far as brakes go I myself like Akebono for the pads or OEM. And you can find good deals on Akebono if you search around. For the rotors, I have used a brand like Power Stop and 0 issues.

In fact, I just ordered a set from rockauto that I plan to have changed after I have my transmission rebuilt this week. For something like calipers, I have also have good luck with Power stop. But honestly, I am sure there are many good brands for brake parts out there just pick what works best on your budget.

On suspension, I have used Moog before and had 0 issues. I know others on here have used moog and had issues but I liked the fact they used grease fittings on their parts and they have the lifetime warranty. As far as shocks or struts go OEM would be the best route, but that option is fading away fast as parts are hard to come by. To get the OEM ride quality back a few on here have used the Blistens for a Jaguar but there is more to it than just swapping them out as there is a little difference.

If I had to go with anything else I would say KYB because they usually make good parts for that kinda stuff but hard to say as I am not sure anyone on here has actually used them for their LS. Far as brakes go I myself like Akebono for the pads or OEM. And you can find good deals on Akebono if you search around. For the rotors, I have used a brand like Power Stop and 0 issues.

In fact, I just ordered a set from rockauto that I plan to have changed after I have my transmission rebuilt this week. For something like calipers, I have also have good luck with Power stop. But honestly, I am sure there are many good brands for brake parts out there just pick what works best on your budget.
yes I was leaning to Moog for that very reason also, however I got one upper control arm already and it did not have the grease zerk on it like it showed in the picture, oh well. Gonna try moog for the little links and other parts. Don't see any oem struts option, Gabriel sounded like maybe a little improvement over kyb but I'm not sure, never heard of them before.

yes I was leaning to Moog for that very reason also, however I got one upper control arm already and it did not have the grease zerk on it like it showed in the picture, oh well. Gonna try moog for the little links and other parts. Don't see any oem struts option, Gabriel sounded like maybe a little improvement over kyb but I'm not sure, never heard of them before.
Strange I know all my moog had them. I am pretty sure Gabriel is a junk brand but I could be wrong. I am sure others will chime in on that. And I know LEMFÖRDER is a brand that a lot of people like for the suspension parts. I know when I bought my stuff for suspension I mixed it up and bought Jaguar s-type parts as some of them are plug and play since so much is similar on the LS and a S-type. I went with whatever had the best price if it matched up.

Strange I know all my moog had them. I am pretty sure Gabriel is a junk brand but I could be wrong. I am sure others will chime in on that. And I know LEMFÖRDER is a brand that a lot of people like for the suspension parts.
My options are kyb, Gabriel, or Monroe basically, Monroe looks sounds like it imitates OEM the closest actually, but Gabriel sounds like an upgrade, but I'm far from an expert. I guess maybe there could be another source besides RockAuto but that's all I see on there. Not sure where else to look.

My options are kyb, Gabriel, or Monroe basically, Monroe looks sounds like it imitates OEM the closest actually, but Gabriel sounds like an upgrade, but I'm far from an expert. I guess maybe there could be another source besides RockAuto but that's all I see on there. Not sure where else to look.
Monroe is junk that much I do know. There are people here that said their worn out factory shocks did better than new monroe. Monroe has been junk for years now.

Monroe is junk that much I do know. There are people here that said their worn out factory shocks did better than new monroe. Monroe has been junk for years now.
I think I did read that post actually now that you mention it, hahaha! Gabriel's are more expensive than the kybs, but so are the monroes.

I've got a 2003, even motorcraft is only 130 on Rock Auto but I'm gonna try the cheap one this go around, ...

You bought the wrong car, and it is going to make you regret it. You'll be lucky if it lasts a month, and lucky if it ever correctly controls the temperature. Instead of smoothly regulating the temperature such that you don't notice it, it will more likely keep hitting your with hot then cold then hot... Of course, maybe you will be lucky. Maybe it won't even damage the DATC or cause parking brake errors.

You bought the wrong car, and it is going to make you regret it. You'll be lucky if it lasts a month, and lucky if it ever correctly controls the temperature. Instead of smoothly regulating the temperature such that you don't notice it, it will more likely keep hitting your with hot then cold then hot... Of course, maybe you will be lucky. Maybe it won't even damage the DATC or cause parking brake errors.
Lol, yea speaking of parking brake errors I got those too. Service parking brake shows up sometimes, sometimes it's fine, most times it's fine so far. definitely would not have bought one of these cars if I knew anything about them before I bought it. Was going to buy it fix the brakes that the ad said it needed and sell it again, but it needs a whole new suspension, cooling system leaks bunch other issues but it's a pretty cram pack loaded little car if everything's working correctly. fortunately I can fix most of the stuff myself and it's not too overly expensive and it's kind of a fun little car to drive to be honest so now I'm looking forward to fixing it up and keeping it. My other vehicle is a 2013 f350 Platinum 6.7 L diesel.

Just be warned, it's mostly intolerant of aftermarket parts. Yes, it is a really great car when everything is correctly maintained, but it is not a car that you can ignore.

This past summer, I installed a new DCCV and aux coolant pump for my 2003 and went with Motorcraft purchased at Tasca Parts online. I have new KYB shocks on the back on love them. They fit perfectly and are performing well for my daily driver 2003 LS. A new set for the front will happen in the spring.

Some parts absolutely need to be Motorcraft while others can be aftermarket. Any part that if it fails will leave you stranded, should be replaced with another Motorcraft part. Most others can be aftermarket. My two cents.

I will throw my experience in on it.. I buy and sell car parts, and I prefer used items I can rebuild, I went thru 3 dccv this year early on, I did research for weeks on best approach to save some money for this item (I have already dropped 10K into a new engine for my truck,) so finances are tight.. I bought one off eBay, from this guy who is a new store owner- I paid $38 for this heater valve and think it had Bosch solenoids on it, looked new, or could've rebuilt I'm not sure nor worried. I'm going on 6 months of perfect operating A/C and heat system as well as no run hots, car will not go over 221.8 degrees ever. This unit has a 2 year warranty with labor!!!!! Haven't experienced having to use it I'm just glad its there in the event. I had to go this route, $38 every 2 years is worth a chance to take for me.. If anyone interested ill give his name, and tho I don't endorse aftermarket parts at all I have to vouch for this one and only.

Y'all might think I'm crazy but I don't have an emergency brake, I willfully got mad one night at the huge lack of console room in my gen 1, so I took the whole ebrake assembly out the cabin and disconnected it from the rear wheels, and made a custom console that holds 2 32oz drinks as well as lid for items and another storage bin for stuff like a laptop even. I don't endorse this change either but for what its worth its so nice having all the extra space.. if my service brake light comes on (doubtful on gen1) I would have a nice chuckle and carry on.

I think that Bosh is the OEM for the DCCV and the Aux pump.

I will throw my experience in on it.. I buy and sell car parts, and I prefer used items I can rebuild, I went thru 3 dccv this year early on, I did research for weeks on best approach to save some money for this item (I have already dropped 10K into a new engine for my truck,) so finances are tight.. I bought one off eBay, from this guy who is a new store owner- I paid $38 for this heater valve and think it had Bosch solenoids on it, looked new, or could've rebuilt I'm not sure nor worried. I'm going on 6 months of perfect operating A/C and heat system as well as no run hots, car will not go over 221.8 degrees ever. This unit has a 2 year warranty with labor!!!!! Haven't experienced having to use it I'm just glad its there in the event. I had to go this route, $38 every 2 years is worth a chance to take for me.. If anyone interested ill give his name, and tho I don't endorse aftermarket parts at all I have to vouch for this one and only.

Y'all might think I'm crazy but I don't have an emergency brake, I willfully got mad one night at the huge lack of console room in my gen 1, so I took the whole ebrake assembly out the cabin and disconnected it from the rear wheels, and made a custom console that holds 2 32oz drinks as well as lid for items and another storage bin for stuff like a laptop even. I don't endorse this change either but for what its worth its so nice having all the extra space.. if my service brake light comes on (doubtful on gen1) I would have a nice chuckle and carry on.
Yeah I don't really see how you can screw up a solenoid and a valve, but seems like lots of people have the same issues so there must be something to it, lol! I'll take his name cuz I really don't want to spend $150 on one, is it the same ddcv for all ls years? I have a 2003 3.9 L V8, I'll gamble. Thanks. I have a gen 2 but I wouldn't mind a bigger console either, and I'm 41 and I've used an ebrake about 3 times in my whole life, ha!

Yeah I don't really see how you can screw up a solenoid and a valve, ...

Because, it's really more than that. It's a couple of solenoid valves that control a very small amount of coolant that in turn controls two hydraulic valves that actually control the flow of coolant to the two heater cores. Still, this wouldn't be too difficult, if full open or full closed were the only possibilities. Instead, the solenoids are vibrated at high speed (the DATC PWM's the solenoid drive current) to control the valves anywhere from full open to full closed a few percent at a time. To get the right temperature in the cabin, the driver's valve might be at 20% and the passenger's might be at 25%, for example. This seems to be what the aftermarket ones can't handle well. They stick and don't respond to a few percent change in PWM, so they wind up banging closed and open - so if the system is calling for 68 degree air coming out, you wind up with 45 degree air for a few seconds, then 100 degree air for a few seconds, and so on.

I got a 2-year warranty on my OEM one from Ford. I would rather go with new on a part like this but if you are able to rebuild them more power to you!

Thanks for the explanation. Owned a lot of vehicles in my life and I've never had an issue with this part before. That only cuz it's dual climate or what? Or have I just been lucky? Would it be possible to just convert it to a single system or mod in a heater valve from a different car that lasts longer? My 13 f350 auto climate is awesome and works perfect still. 7 years of operation. Prior to that I only kept vehicles new enough that had Auto dual climate for about 3 years but they never had an issue either. What makes the ones on the Lincoln fail so often?

Members online

No members online now.
Back