DCCV diagnostic tip!

1CleanLs

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Let me start off by saying that I am no mechanic but I think I found a way to diagnose a bad DCCV. After replacing ac fuse several times and fuses blowing as soon as I put them in I decided to try something I used to do when I had hydraulics on my lowrider many years ago. As some of you know, hydraulic pumps get activated by solenoids and since the dccv is a solenoid I decided to do this test. All I did was tap the dccv with a long screw driver several times and after putting a new fuse I have full ac now! Fuse has not blown which leads me to believe that the issue with my ac blowing hot and blowing fuses is indeed due a the solenoids on the dccv getting stuck from time to time. I will be ordering a new obe soon, but at least I have confirmed that its indeed the dccv that is giving me issues and not the ac clutch or ac display/control panel. I hope this info helps some of you with this very commom issue. Thanks

Single stage solenoids like the ones in the DCCV will not blow fuses just because they are stuck. They were blowing the fuse because of a corroded spot on one of the windings contacting the metal shell. Your tapping probably moved things enough that contact is no longer being made. It's a temporary fix at best.

I am aware that its temporary...im just glad that at least I know for sure that is the dccv and not something else.....thanks for the info and explanation on how the dccv works!

Yes

you are correct, the solenoids get jambed in their sleeves by grit. you can check both solenoids from the upper connector near the top of the radiator with an ohm meter, it will tell you if the solenoids are ok, or shorted. Best thing to do is remove DCCV ,disassemble, clean DCCV, flush system of all grit, reinstall DCCV and fill system, bleed.

Members online

No members online now.
Back