DCCV connector

Whoodoo

LVC Member
Reaction score
Last weekend I spent about 5 hours replacing all of cooling system plastic parts. By the way, I dont get all the fuss about those spring hose clamps - they are all very well behaved for me... Anyway, after I got it all filled and bled, I was getting nothing but hot air from both sides like I had a bad DCCV. I knew that wasn't right because it was working just fine before I tore everything down. So, a little investigation revealed a broken wire right at the connector. :(

Does anyone know what the part number is for the connector? I can't for the life of me find it online.
20171014_152150.jpg

Last weekend I spent about 5 hours replacing all of cooling system plastic parts. By the way, I dont get all the fuss about those spring hose clamps - they are all very well behaved for me... Anyway, after I got it all filled and bled, I was getting nothing but hot air from both sides like I had a bad DCCV. I knew that wasn't right because it was working just fine before I tore everything down. So, a little investigation revealed a broken wire right at the connector. :(

Does anyone know what the part number is for the connector? I can't for the life of me find it online.View attachment 828567418
Hello,
Another plastic replacement thread these cars are truly like a bunch of hot spoiled women lol anyway...I wanted to know is there anyway you can replace the wire instead of buying the connector housing or is it to far gone already? I work with wires and cables all day & everyday so just a thought you might be able to splice the wire or de-house the terminal and then re-crimp the wire onto a new terminal many stores such as Mills Fleet farm and others sell basic terminals for plastic housings might save you a bunch of money if you can go that route shop online also for many different terminal styles that will work...just a reminder if you can splice a new wire in use the same gage wire as the existing wire

Yea what I ended up doing is just that. I tried a local junk yard but they didn't have the exact same plug. I pulled a plug from a ford focus that I thought was the same, but it wasn't. So I was able to get the old plug apart and crimp some new wires in it. It certainly isn't the best fix, but it works.

If you ever have a problem, you should be able to find the whole thing in a junk yard. The good here is that it is a small harness that goes from one connector at the radiator to the connector at the DCCV and the connector at the aux pump. So, you can replace the whole thing without much effort.

Members online

Back