DCCV Bypass

osmoalec

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 03 Lincoln ls v8 on which I believe the DCCV (heater valve) has gone bad. I was wondering if there was a way I could bypass it so I'd have cold air again. I clamped off two lines which I believe go to the heater core and that made it almost temp of out side air 23c which was better but definitely not cold. Also if it matters I lost my ac after replacing my rad.

clamp better...

the three lines running to and from the DCCV all carry hot coolant, if you bypassed them, then you would have nothing to stop the coolant flow... AKA you would have max heat ALL THE TIME!

you would need to block them off to have no heat and allow your AC to work, so either clamping them off or removing the hoses and capping them off would be your options... I wouldn't want to mess with opening up the coolant system and having to bleed every thing out (unless you were replacing the DCCV)

if you have them clamped off tightly, no coolant should be able to flow... so you shouldn't be getting heated air.

I'll try something else to clamp. I used vice grips. Which I was kinda afraid to damage hose.

I may just cap it off all together, unfortunately I have gotten really good at bleeding out

No I definitely will be replacing it. But I'm moving to Ottawa this weeken thats just over 6hr drive. So it'll just be temporary cause I cant get one in time

remove it, crack it open and clean up the coolant that got in it and then reassemble.. it might work after doing that. somebody also had a trick to get theirs to operate correctly despite it being junked... it is posted in one of the stickies. off the top of my head, i think he was pressing the buttons to make it self-diagnose and somehow during that process it would reset it <the dccv> and as long as he didnt switch heat/ac or something it would work as intended.. if he accidentally pressed a button and it switched from heat/ac he would run the self-diagnose again and it would work correctly until he accidentally pressed the button for ac again... ymmv, but might be worth lookin up & messin with temporarily.

No I definitely will be replacing it. But I'm moving to Ottawa this weeken thats just over 6hr drive. So it'll just be temporary cause I cant get one in time

Moving to Ottawa? Perfect! More part cars for me!

Members online

No members online now.
Back