Dccv and THX problem

Whoodoo

LVC Member
Reaction score
So I have a really weird issue with the dccv making the nav screen and speakers wierd. When the dccv is plugged in, the touch screen has lines that crawl up and down and the speakers (sounds like the right side more than the left) have a static sort of buzz.

I tried to catch it in a video but the static coming from the speakers didn't show up above the engine noise. The video shows the nav screen with the dccv plugged in and then a couple seconds after I unplugged it. I'm baffled as to how they could be related but as soon as I unplug it. The static goes away.

Yep, been there and done that. The DCCV is shorting out. You need a new one (Motorcraft, not aftermarket). It can also cause parking brake problems.

Last edited:
Crap. Thanks for the quick response. I hope this is the last piece of the puzzle to get this car really up and running... I thought I knew finicky cars but, so far, it's putting my 90s turbo 4wd 4ws car to shame.

Yes I am well aware but its not in the cards right now. I estimate I have about another grand in plastic cooling system parts, harmonic balancer, and timing chain tensioners before all of the big preventative maintenance is done so I'll just keep chipping away at it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back