Dccv 10a fuse, what else on circuit?

SultanGris

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Been working good for about 2 weeks but now this fuse keeps blowing, 10 amp fuse runs the dccv valve I know for sure because it gets hot when it blows. Dccv valve is new, just wondering what else is on that circuit that could possibly be blowing that fuse? Thanks

The AC clutch and aux pump.
Unplug the DCCV and see if it stops blowing, especially if the DCCV is aftermarket.

The AC clutch and aux pump.
Unplug the DCCV and see if it stops blowing, especially if the DCCV is aftermarket.
Aux pump is new also, it might be aftermarket cuz I think that was my only option but the dccv is motorcraft.I'll try them both separately and see what happens, thanks.

Seems to be aux pump. What's the actual purpose of that? Is it for heater functionality only or is necessary for engine cooling? Thanks.

Both, though mostly for the heater at idle.
If you are thinking of trying to eliminate it or leaving it disconnected, I wouldn't. The LS V8 cooling system is very picky.

Both, though mostly for the heater at idle.
If you are thinking of trying to eliminate it or leaving it disconnected, I wouldn't. The LS V8 cooling system is very picky.
Yes that's what I was thinking, ha, maybe I'll try running new power wire and give it it's own fuse or something then. I didn't find any motorcraft options for that part unfortunately. Here's what I got, it was the last one, they don't have any of any type listed any more. Maybe I'll try a pick and pull part place.
Screenshot_20210319-135646_Chrome.jpg

Yeah, stay away from Airtex for sure. Bosch should be the actual OEM for the pump. You can also search for the Jaguar S-type aux pump.

Members online

No members online now.
Back