Day Four

04LSSport

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well we finally got a break in the weather this afternoon. It went to 29 C (80 F) this afternoon and the sun came out. Beautiful. I got in my car put the windows down and opened the sunroof and hit the road for some fun driving. After having the car for four days I am loving it more every time I get in it. My last vehicle was a F150 Harley Davidson Edition which is Supercharged and has 340 HP. It was very quick but you can not through it in a corner all that well. The LS V6 does not have of the line power but it handles amazingly and once I am going the power is there. Having the Select Shift helps as well. It is a lot of fun to drive. :)

I love my V6 as well

04LSSport said:
Well we finally got a break in the weather this afternoon. It went to 29 C (80 F) this afternoon and the sun came out. Beautiful. I got in my car put the windows down and opened the sunroof and hit the road for some fun driving. After having the car for four days I am loving it more every time I get in it. My last vehicle was a F150 Harley Davidson Edition which is Supercharged and has 340 HP. It was very quick but you can not through it in a corner all that well. The LS V6 does not have of the line power but it handles amazingly and once I am going the power is there. Having the Select Shift helps as well. It is a lot of fun to drive. :)

I've got the 2003 v6 base model. Didn't need all the extra options, but I know that feeling. Taking a tight turn at 50, it's amazing how this car handles. How do you like the select-shift? I have the standard auto on mine.

ls-front.jpg

ls-3-4.jpg

ls-interior.jpg

Looks like we have almost identical interiors. I have wanted a car with SelectShift for a while so I am having fun with it at the moment. It may wear off over time, not sure.

Sifrino3

There is nothing wrong with the V8. Personally I choose the V6 to get better gas mileage, because of the current prices. I would of course like to have the extra power. :p

Sifrino3 said:
Whats wrong with the V8 model?

Nothing. Some would argue that it is a heavier motor than the 6 so it affects balance and cornering. The older 6's with a manual transmission (sadly no longer offered) were just about as quick as the 8 with auto.

Now if the 8 was offered with a manual tranny... :eek: :Beer

i don't really have anything to say. i'm trying to be like dsoul, will someone start a thread about me?

MV LS said:
Nothing. Some would argue that it is a heavier motor than the 6 so it affects balance and cornering. The older 6's with a manual transmission (sadly no longer offered) were just about as quick as the 8 with auto.

Now if the 8 was offered with a manual tranny... :eek: :Beer
Yah, I don't see any time slips from the V-6 manual owners. The V-8 was under rated by the publications. I think the manual was definately cool, but to say it is just as quik is a stretch. A V-8 manual would have been nice.

2003v8sport said:
i don't really have anything to say. i'm trying to be like dsoul, will someone start a thread about me?
I may. Can it be about LS owners hating there own cars on a LS board, and how much it is completely annoying to us who don't have all the problems they have. It may be time for that.

wow, did you have to get up to 88 MPH to travel back far enough to find this thread?

Missing A Couple

I had to have a tire replaced when my '02 LS Sport was almost new. The dealer gave me a loaner and when I dropped the hammer going down the ramp to the X-way I thought I had something wrong. It felt as if I was missing a couple of cylinders. When I checked, that was just what I found. It seemed to get slightly better gas mileage, but was scary slow after getting used to the V-8 version. I hadn't even known that there was a version with a V-6.:)

KS

Members online

Back