DATC CODE flashing 19 47 Evap discharge sensor

reaper76

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I have searched the web over and cannot figure out what to do to fix this code.I had ice cold a/c this morning while driving home from church. Then after the car being parked for a couple hours I turn the a/c on and notice that the ac clutch is not engaging and I have hot air out of both sides. I ran the DATC and got a flashing 19 47 indicating a evaporator discharge sensor. What the heck is that and is is an easy fix? Anybody? Thanks

A little searching...

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=82679

"Getting to the sensor is easy. It right under the dash on the driver's side. The connector sticks out of the evap case. I can wiggle it, and I feel like if I pull/finagle it enough, it will come out. The A/C has been blowing nice and cold ever since I unplugged the sensor. But again, I'm not sure if this sensor tells the computer to do anything else except turn the compressor off if it's readings on the evap get too cold. "

A little searching...

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=82679

"Getting to the sensor is easy. It right under the dash on the driver's side. The connector sticks out of the evap case. I can wiggle it, and I feel like if I pull/finagle it enough, it will come out. The A/C has been blowing nice and cold ever since I unplugged the sensor. But again, I'm not sure if this sensor tells the computer to do anything else except turn the compressor off if it's readings on the evap get too cold. "

Thanks for the response Joe! One of two things are going on here though. I am either not on the right connector or it is not making a difference. Either way im not sure what to do next. Thanks

I have located both of the senors and have removed them They are an off white and have a long leg with a little wire in the end. Here is the million dollar question. WIll replacing both of these take care of my b1947 datc code?

I have located both of the senors and have removed them They are an off white and have a long leg with a little wire in the end. Here is the million dollar question. WIll replacing both of these take care of my b1947 datc code?

I think that you may have located the wrong two sensors. There are three sensors back there somewhere.

Passenger side discharge temperature.
Driver side discharge temperature.
AC evaporator temperature.

(There is also the ambient air temperature sensor on the driver's side at the front of the dash.)

Here's some detail on the testing of the sensor and the wiring.
http://deneau.info/ls/s6x~us~en~file=s6xc0003.htm~gen~ref.htm#PS2-E

I can't find any detail in the service manual on exactly where the sensor is, and I haven't had to deal with one myself yet. I do recall that there is a post on here somewhere by someone who replaced their evaporator. That post had a lot of pictures, and one of those might show the evap sensor.

Well good news at least for me that is! I drove 2 and a half hours Botha ways for a new evap sensor came home installed it and violla I have a/c again. Joe thanks so much for helping steer me in the right direction:)

My info helped! Sweet. I couldn't find diddly squat on this issue but I knew there'd eventually be someone out there who could use the info. When I was trying to google out this prob, I found many issues with the dccv, but nothing about this evap discharge sensor. Believe it or not, I still haven't replaced mine- I left it unplugged and it's still working great. I do need to pick one up though, it's on my list. I've done all the coils (Visteon), fuel filter, valve cover gaskets, pcv valve. My next project is to replace the slightly leaking water pump, serpentine belt, and this stupid plastic coolant pipe that runs across the motor and connects several other coolant hoses and thermostat together. I ended up breaking the little coolant nipple off the main plastic pipe. If anyone needs only this part DONT ORDER THE ~$200 ONE! I found just the plastic pipe w/ the upper hose for like ~$70 on Amazon, and it's Motorcraft.

Members online

No members online now.
Back