Dashboard Problems?

wm_sorg

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Just picked up my Mark 8. On the way home I filled the tank up and the fuel guage did not move up. I also noticed the tach was not working. It hovered around 1,000 rpm the whole trip. Once I made it home I turned the car off and started it. The fuel guage went back to normal. However, the tach did not. Is this behavior common for the fuel guage? The tach worked normally when I test drove the car two weeks ago. The car has been sitting since then.

Any thougts?

BILL

If the car was running while you were getting gas, its normal, as far as the tach goes, your question will be answered by one or more of the knowledgeable guys in here!!

Was the engine running when you fueled up? It's common across Ford models for the fuel guage to do that if fuel is added with the vehicle running.

The tach problem could be the needle is touching the guage face. Look very closely and see if the needle has free space front and back. I've heard you can disassemble and correct that issue. Luckily I've not had the occasion to do such. Do a 'system check' on the message center. It will detect any tach signal issues.

Exactly what driller said.....it is most likely that the glue became seperated and allowed the gauge paper to come loose and contact the tach needle. You will have to pull the cluster out, and reglue the gauge paper back down. If you have to do that you can use this to R&R your gauge cluster.

Again, as what driller said, it is a common factor that if you have the car running the level will not move, nor will your 'miles to empty' change either until you shut the car off and restart.

Oh....congrats on your car and :W to the LvC!
:Beer

Members online

No members online now.
Back