Dash lights

der3wuste3fuchs

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering if there was a quick way of turning off some of those dash lights that are on. I need to pass a safety check and here they don't go into specifics, they just look at the dash. I thought of just pulling the bulbs but it seems a little involved. Is there an easier method any of you guys have used? I was thinking of also maybe finding the relay box and pulling some of those..

1.Disconnect negative battery cable for ~20-30Min
2.Scan tool can clear codes
3.I guess you could remove the bulb, i wouldnt though
4.Better yet, fix the problem

1.Disconnect negative battery cable for ~20-30Min
2.Scan tool can clear codes

That will work for the check engine light for some faults, but not all.
It won't work at all if he's talking about the SRS light, ABS light, and anything like that.
Removing the SRS light will trigger a series of 25 beeps every time the key is turned on.

Note too, unless they are idiots, when they check for warning lights, they will turn the key off and then back on. They should fail you for any lights that don't come on during the prove-out period.

You need to fix this, not try to cheat the test.

Yea..... But I don't have the money for the up-keep on a $50K car.......

Kinda where I'm going on that. Millitary money is a little low and need to spend on other things. thanks though.

anyone have a write up or post around on getting to the cluster?

In TX i tried to cheat the test with my 2000 F150, and i removed bulbs and because they dont come on or go out like they should its an instant fail.
So your wasting your time and your money, looking to pull the cluster.
You should be asking, what is the cheapest way to Fix XYZ issue, or is there a temp fix.
Do you know what the issues are maybe someone can help resolve these issues quickly & cheaply.

Members online

Back