dash lights 2002 lincoln ls

Yes, it could be the multi-switch, but it's more likely to be that the high beam relay is stuck closed in the FEM.

Thanks for the input. Can the FEM be opened and the relay replaced? Or do I probably need a new FEM?

Thanks for the input. Can the FEM be opened and the relay replaced? Or do I probably need a new FEM?

Yes to both questions, but its design did not expect this repair. If you can't do it yourself, you'll have to find someone who can. It's not a normal repair. The normal repair is to replace the FEM. (All this assumes that this is where the problem is.)

Yes to both questions, but its design did not expect this repair. If you can't do it yourself, you'll have to find someone who can. It's not a normal repair. The normal repair is to replace the FEM. (All this assumes that this is where the problem is.)

Good to know! thanks! Btw, where is the FEM located on a 2002 Lincoln LS? I've been searching online and so far can't find anything about it.

Happy Holidays joegr and to everyone else on this thread.

Btw joegr, the instructions for removing/installing the FEM on a Lincoln LS indicate you must first upload the config from the installed module to diagnostic equipment.
Then after replacing with the new FEM... you have to use the diagnostic equipment to download the config to the replacement FEM. If the replacement FEM is from the exact
same year (2002 Lincoln LS V6) as the old FEM being replaced... is the upload/download still necessary? Or should the (2) FEMs be configured the same already?
I'm just trying to avoid paying a shop to do the install. Thanks!

... If the replacement FEM is from the exact
same year (2002 Lincoln LS V6) as the old FEM being replaced... is the upload/download still necessary? Or should the (2) FEMs be configured the same already?
I'm just trying to avoid paying a shop to do the install. Thanks!

I think that you can probably get by without doing the upload/download. I do believe that others have changed out FEMs without doing that.

so then is it just the cluster and PCM that needs to be "married" to each other?

Members online

No members online now.
Back