dash lighting cutting out.

JES_LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I noticed this the other night and thought that it was my hand hitting the dimmer, but it is not. The dash lights started going on and off tonight.
Everytime I tried to accelerate at a moderate rate away from a trafic light tonight, the dash lighting would cut out. As soon as I let off the lights come back.

Had me thinking of checking all the harness grounds and connectors.
I did the search here and the only thread that I found that was close has two issues. The people posting that they had a problem never seemed to get the bug fixed and second their lighting issues were much longer in duration.

I have been told by my trustworthy Ford/Lincoln Master tech that the phot sensors are very sensative. I have noticed on occasion that my gauge clulster lights go out sometimes but everything else is fine. Usually occurs when I am beneath or near a bright street light.

I have been told by my trustworthy Ford/Lincoln Master tech that the phot sensors are very sensative. I have noticed on occasion that my gauge clulster lights go out sometimes but everything else is fine. Usually occurs when I am beneath or near a bright street light.

That is very interesting since it is only the cluster and interior lighting that is going on and off. It did not used to do this, I wonder if it has something to do with the photosensor.

That is very interesting since it is only the cluster and interior lighting that is going on and off. It did not used to do this, I wonder if it has something to do with the photosensor.

I pretty much see the same thing from time to time. I can't recall what state the stereo and AC buttons are during this time but I think they are out as well but if I disconnect my seat belt the light illuminates and the message center works as well.

Crap I just went out start the LS to move it in the driveway. It was hot from my wife just getting home from work. And it won't start.
You know that frustrating click, click, sounds.

well I'll have to check in the morning,

Oh yeah I forgot to mention the battery is the factory original been in since 2002

When I had my dash light blinking, I did change my battery first too, but they after some time it continued doing the same thing, but changing the alternator fixed it.

I am having the same issue. I installed a new battery less than 2 weeks ago. Now my console/dash lights are out. My stereo and a/c lighting does work though. When I do a status with the internal systems, there aren't any alarms.

dang it the dash lights flickered last night.
Its got to be a connector or ground somewhere that is bad.
Only the interior lights go out when I'm accelerating. headlights, markerlights driving lights, AC, fans, stereo all stay on.

Okay, I'm begining to believe that it could be alternator related,
See the tensioner pully bearing is shot and the belt is not under steady tenstion.

Anytime I rev the motor past 4500 last night the dash lights would flicker and go out.

I'm going to swap out the pulley today and install a new belt.

My dash lights flicker as well... but only when my headlights are on.

I still haven't had a chance to check my alternator...now 1 of my low beams (driver) is out & 1 of my high beams (passenger) is out. I checked the fuses & they are fine. I didn't have a chance to price an alternator, does anyone have an idea of how much it costs?

mrfathersir, it could be that the seal on the headlights are bad (grey) and water leaked in causing your bulbs to go out. Happened to me last time we got a hard rain.

Members online

No members online now.
Back