Dash Issue

shltn

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have ran into an issue on my '00 LS V8. You know on the dash, right above the radio, the buttons marked RESET, FUEL, etc? That whole little cluster or strip of buttons has pushed in on the left side. So my question is, how can I pull those dash panels off in order to reseat that button cluster? I am assuming I will have to remove that whole center cover off, but I do not know where to begin. I am afraid to try until I know how exactly to do it. Could you guys tell me the steps? I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

The message center buttons sit in a housing that is part of the top vents. The vent assembly comes out fairly easily. You will need to get a slinder object underneath the vent unit and push it out. The vent will pop out but be careful not to break the unit. It slides straight out.

After the center vent is out the message center buttons can be set back in place. You might want to check the little tabs that hold it in place and make sure they are not broken.

So I only have to remove the vents that set on top of the buttons? You don't happen to have any pictures of the process do you? What kind of slender object do you recommend? I appreciate the info, it sounds a lot simpler than I first thought.

I forgot to ask, what does your dash kit run on my LS? I would love to get some more wood grain in it. Does it match up with the existing wood? Also, do you carry the woodgrain shifter knob or steering wheel? Thanks!

I got it out! Whew! Thanks a bunch! The clips are broken, can I liquid nails the assembly back in? How much would the new set up be? It appears that the faceplate/vent portion is what is broken.

I just use a flat head screw driver and I don't have any pics of the process. Just be careful prying underneath the center vent. As for the dash kits they match the factory wood.

That was quick! I guess you can use whatever works to keep it in there.

Do your dashkits replace the existing pieces or do they apply on top of the existing ones?

GrayGhost1 said:
I just use a flat head screw driver and I don't have any pics of the process. Just be careful prying underneath the center vent. As for the dash kits they match the factory wood.

The dash kits do not cover the existing wood that's in the car now. Here's what comes with each kit:

LSdashkitdiagram.jpg

Those look great! They are overlays for the existing black plastic, correct? The seem to match up great!

GrayGhost1 said:
The dash kits do not cover the existing wood that's in the car now. Here's what comes with each kit:

LSdashkitdiagram.jpg

They cover the items that are not wood. It is a very good kit for the price and it matches the factory wood.

GrayGhost1 said:
They cover the items that are not wood. It is a very good kit for the price and it matches the factory wood.

Ken, I never heard back from you about the door switch wood kit? I hope the email with the circled parts I needed was not miss-routed.

Members online

Back