Dark Windows

Carol

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of having my windows darkened. What is the best method and does it really hold up? I live in PA and since I don't have a garage my car is out in all kinds of weather.

I just went with tint on mine, 5% back five windows and a 6 inch strip in the front window. And 35% on the drivers and passengers window. double 5% on the moon roof. It does keep it alot cooler in the car, it really helps when on the highway and the suns shining thru the drivers window. I got mine done because my wood has been bleached just a little on the dash. No idea or anyway to measure if it will stop it or not. Just check what your state laws allow. Tint on drivers and passenger windows is illegal in MI, unless you have a doctor's note.

Any REPUTABLE Tint Shop will use a HIGH grade film that should stop ALMOST 100% of the damaging UVA & UVB rays from the sun (that is causing your fading). Just a suggestion, don't even try it at home, you'll probably end up wasting MORE money than it would cost you to get it done professionally. Good luck. If you have any questions, feel free to give me a call!

Members online

No members online now.
Back