dang! im tired of...

Lito Ls

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
im tired of my 2000 ls v8 saying its overheating....any suggestions? I see that this is a common problem with the Ls but geeezzzzzz. AC doesnt even blow cold.

im tired of my 2000 ls v8 saying its overheating....any suggestions? I see that this is a common problem with the Ls but geeezzzzzz. AC doesnt even blow cold.

Thermostat......

Or low coolant level. If he has a cracked resevoir, he could be low on coolant. Happened to me.

Bleed the system.

T-stat is also an easy fix. You'd have to drain the coolant to replace the tstat, so yeah, just do that, and you should cover my suggestion in the refilling of the cooling system.

Take the panel off that goes over the headlights.
Look and see if your rad isn't plugged up with road crap etc.
If it is then use a waterhose to clean it out.

Take the panel off that goes over the headlights.
Look and see if your rad isn't plugged up with road crap etc.
If it is then use a waterhose to clean it out.

x386 on that one..... Same thing happened to me. I found a birds nest in between the trans cooler and radiator. Took more the a waterhose to get it all out but it caused my LS to overheat. All better now!

Good advice...

check that there is air in the system.... check your coolant level.... check your coolant condition....

I'm not sure if the AC failing and the over heating have anything to do in common.

well the coolant isnt low at all but im going to try some of the suggestions

Wow. can't say as I've had this one ever happen. My '00 LS has never ever moved off direct center on the temp guage (even idling with ac on in downtown traffic). Could it maybe be hydraulic radiator fan not kicking in? Maybe pump? Hope you get it figured out.

I'm waiting for Jaws to jump out of that water, Jayce :D

actually, it's a shark with samuel jacksons head photoshopped on.... suppost to be making a point as to what he smokin? Couldn't post the full motion avatar.

ha...my ac blows cold now after having it on for a minute...now just my engine light is on....my traction control light is on too but it works just fine....hmmmmmm?

I had a cylinder head temp sensor go on me. had it replaced under warranty.

Members online

Back