Damn radio! Anybody heard of this??

The Hotness

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Bought my 02' LS last week, and the 6 disk didn't work. So, I fixed it and got 5 free cds cool. Days go by and no more problems...

...until today. Damn radio keeps shutting on and off. First start the car it's fine and a minute later shuts off and aleternates on and off. So thinking that I made an error earlier took the radio back out and checked the connections.

No fix, so I disconnected the battery to reset and again no fix, but the disconnect didn't reset my radio settings, memory seats.. etc. I had in disconnected for quite a while 2 minutes or soo.. Alpine 6 disk. I will disconnect battery overnight and hopefully really clear out the memory, but wondering if anybody has seen this before. Battery and charging system is good, as no other issues are prevalent at full load.

try letting your battery have more time to reset. i would suggest at least a half hour if not longer but i would be suprised to see if that will solve your radio issue. i hope it does but it sounds like something that isnt as simple.

try letting your battery have more time to reset. i would suggest at least a half hour if not longer but i would be suprised to see if that will solve your radio issue. i hope it does but it sounds like something that isnt as simple.

I agree with you on that, but just like computers.. a good restart can do wonders. lol

I am going to start shopping for double din fun! :D

check your flux capacitor. when that starts to go bad it sends out electromagnetic waves that can disrupt circuitry.

or if the battery crap doesnt work try making sure the wires are connected tight and proper.

check your flux capacitor. when that starts to go bad it sends out electromagnetic waves that can disrupt circuitry.

or if the battery crap doesnt work try making sure the wires are connected tight and proper.

Yes damn flux capacitor and it's induced emf's..

I reset by disconnecting the battery for long period, and it was reset this time, but memory seats still know they're proper positions, wtf? Where is that information stored.. nvrmnd who cares.. lol

I am going to hit it with a DMM today and start the troubleshooting!

Troubleshooted today, and found out that a chip that wasn't heatsinked anymore was overheating. Through some razor blades in there and made my own heat sink. Worked perfect! Until I put everything back together and now problem reoccured. crap.

Change thread title to, "I need new Alpine 6-Disk Headunit because of stupidity"

Members online

No members online now.
Back