damage may occur

smegun

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
"damage may occur to the coolant system If not properly bled" …. after buying the vehicle pulling in from my test drive the gas bottle had broke leaving nice green coolant all over the underside of the vehicle ... I had to pick up the vehicle the next day the dealer told me it was a 100 bucks plus parts and a common issue ... after doing odds and ends and flushing the system trying to solve the DCCV valve hose tar and calk noticed there are other anomalies from the system like bubbling coolant even after a short idle on a restore of fluids you have to let it rest and purge a few times then it settles but what other damage can occur from a bad bleed.... my cam tensioner job has turned into what appears to be a steam bath but I don't see the words to describe 4 quarts of beer the dummy temperature gage and why the purge valve is now dry.... if I use the shuttle valve only two quarts comes out the purge is just relief for the system it was my fear that the thermostat doesn't know steams

after buying the vehicle pulling in from my test drive the gas bottle had broke leaving nice green coolant all over the underside of the vehicle ... I had to pick up the vehicle the next day the dealer told me it was a 100 bucks plus parts and a common issue

Ummm.... they only replaced the degas bottle? I looked back at some of your posts and I think you have an '02 V8 sport (as do I). You might want to review the important thread linked below:

Cooling System 3.9L - 1st GEN Lincoln LS w/ PN's

and in particular the wise advise in that first post "All Plastic cooling system parts should be replaced all at once !!!"

Michelle

Ummm.... they only replaced the degas bottle? I looked back at some of your posts and I think you have an '02 V8 sport (as do I). You might want to review the important thread linked below:

Cooling System 3.9L - 1st GEN Lincoln LS w/ PN's

and in particular the wise advise in that first post "All Plastic cooling system parts should be replaced all at once !!!"

Michelle
Just did a complete coolant part change/replacement and found crumbing plastic inside rubber hoses all over the system....yes BigRigsLS and Joegr stress time and time again all over the Forum to Change “ALL” plastic coolant parts when doing a over haul of cooling system...$149.00 for New MotorCraft DCCV part on Amazon ships within two days with Prime membership...when I bled the system last weekend it took me a good 30 minutes to bleed out all air after 30 minutes I had a steady stream coming out of bleeder and car is running flawless I then did bleeding procedure once more the next day just to be sure all air is out

"damage may occur to the coolant system If not properly bled" …. after buying the vehicle pulling in from my test drive the gas bottle had broke leaving nice green coolant all over the underside of the vehicle ... I had to pick up the vehicle the next day the dealer told me it was a 100 bucks plus parts and a common issue ... after doing odds and ends and flushing the system trying to solve the DCCV valve hose tar and calk noticed there are other anomalies from the system like bubbling coolant even after a short idle on a restore of fluids you have to let it rest and purge a few times then it settles but what other damage can occur from a bad bleed.... my cam tensioner job has turned into what appears to be a steam bath but I don't see the words to describe 4 quarts of beer the dummy temperature gage and why the purge valve is now dry.... if I use the shuttle valve only two quarts comes out the purge is just relief for the system it was my fear that the thermostat doesn't know steams
Apologies meant to quote your post not MKC

Members online

No members online now.
Back