D5 problems

JaMan

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, having some major problems with the 2000LS V8. Went on a trip over the weekend and once we got home and pulled into the driveway the transmition started pulling funny and jerking. In D4 it seemed fine. My wife drove it to work this morning and she called complaining that it was really jerking her around while it D5. So it seems to be a problem that want go away on it's own. :Bang Has anyone experienced this or know what is happening? Thanks for the help.

JaMan said:
Hey guys, having some major problems with the 2000LS V8. Went on a trip over the weekend and once we got home and pulled into the driveway the transmition started pulling funny and jerking. In D4 it seemed fine. My wife drove it to work this morning and she called complaining that it was really jerking her around while it D5. So it seems to be a problem that want go away on it's own. :Bang Has anyone experienced this or know what is happening? Thanks for the help.

Possible faulty shifter. The contacts aren't making contact and the trans doesn't know what gear(s) you want. My non-SST shifter failed and wouldn't engage D4.

LS4me said:
Possible faulty shifter. The contacts aren't making contact and the trans doesn't know what gear(s) you want. My non-SST shifter failed and wouldn't engage D4.

This does not sound like a job for me, do you have any idea of a cost to fix it?

Not too tough of a DIY job. The shifter should be around $180. Try Bill Jenkins @ www.signaturelm.com. If you have it done, I would imagne 2 hours labor.

LS4me said:
Not too tough of a DIY job. The shifter should be around $180. Try Bill Jenkins @ www.signaturelm.com. If you have it done, I would imagne 2 hours labor.

That does not sound too bad. 2 hours pro labor should equal 4-5 hours labor for me LOL.. Thanks for the info bro.

Members online

No members online now.
Back